At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we’re changing the way people think about financial planning with the scale of a Fortune 90 company. We’re redefining and reinventing the industry and changing people’s financial lives with better experiences and better technology. We believe in building inclusive, and diverse workplaces, where every voice is heard. Come help us build for the future!
As a Senior Product Manager on the Money Movement effort, you will dig deep into how our Enterprise Payments Network connects across the enterprise and help define the details of how to drive business results through technology. You will work on a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, and subject matter experts in an agile methodology to deliver on outcomes.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Business Expertise: Partners with peer group, business partners and product management to learn business area/domain, while continuing to learn and grow knowledge across the enterprise.
- Technical Expertise: Does independent data analysis by extracting and querying data from data sources and create data analysis artifacts. Interpret technical design/architecture/data models and work with the engineers to define the technical user stories. Should apply BDD acceptance criteria in user stories.
- Current State, Future State and Gap Analysis: Document and assess current state in a few processes, or single business area / domain. Assist with task-based work items in more complex situations.
- Gather Requirements: Responsible for fact-based requirement gathering, including all system, technical and intake requests.
- Author User Stories and/or Features: Author user stories and/or features independently with low to medium complexity while participating in some task-based work in higher complexity situations. Assist throughout the development process as needs arise.
- Test Plan Review: Assist with coordinating and reviewing test plans for smaller or non-complex efforts. Independently provide execution on testing as needed (UAT, checkouts, etc.) Work with the Test engineers to review and sign off on test results.
- Project Management : Ability to use project management principles to successfully complete and advance work
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to lean on strong communication skills to influence outcomes while approaching conflict with organizational savviness
- Experience with SQL, Postman, AWS and testing frameworks is a huge plus!
- Domain expertise via previous internships or similar roles in the past.
- Certifications demonstrating mastery of role specific competencies
- Deep familiarity of agile & scrum development environments
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
Adobe Analytics - Intermediate
Agile Methodologies - Intermediate
Atlassian JIRA - Intermediate
Backlog Management - Intermediate
Business Cases - Basic
Continuous Improvement (CI) - Basic
Daily Scrum - Intermediate
Data Analysis - Intermediate
Industry Benchmarking - Intermediate
Microsoft Power BI - Intermediate
Product Demonstrations - Basic
Product Management - Intermediate
Product Roadmapping - Intermediate
Requirements Gathering - Intermediate
Structured Query Language (SQL) - Intermediate
Storytelling - Basic
Technical Writing - Intermediate
User Research - Intermediate
Wireframing - Intermediate
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups