At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Role will be hybrid/onsite in Franklin OR remote in select locations: Charlotte, NC; Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX
At Northwestern Mutual our goal is to help our clients achieve their financial goals. To do that, we want to ensure the best and seamless experience for our clients while we help to build their financial future. We are seeking to bring on a Senior Product Manager to our Risk Servicing Digital Product team. As a Senior Product Manager in Digital Product – Loan & Surrender, you will work on a cross-functional team of hard-working business analysts, engineers and subject matter experts in an agile methodology to advance our policy loan, surrender and reinstatement servicing capabilities for our clients, field and home office. You will lead strategic and transformational efforts impacting these servicing capabilities to deliver critical business outcomes.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Set Product Vision: Responsible for product vision and appropriate positioning with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Develop Roadmap: Foster the development, acceptance and communication of roadmap. Define and track KPIs for measure of success and delivery.
- Gather Requirements: Participate in cross-functional work to flesh-out key requirements to ensure quality, value and feature integrity.
- Stakeholdering: Awareness and ability to articulate the product and feature stories to a broader audience (outside the internal digital product or engineering teams) .
- Engineering Partnership: Partner with engineering to ensure backlog and roadmap is understood and aligned with capacity, new product program offices, HX user experience roadmaps.
- Author Jira Stories: Translate requirements to technical details to build and validate use cases and stories.
- Test Plan Review: Assist with coordinating and reviewing test plans for efforts. Independently provide execution on testing as needed (UAT, checkouts, etc.).
- Feature Prioritization: Develops and maintains prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation according to business value or ROI.
- Facilitates ceremonies: Facilitates the Daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Project Management : Use project management principles to successfully complete and advance work.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4-5 Years of prior experience with at least 4 working in a Product Management Role, with agile team experience.
- Demonstrated cross functional work in previous experience along with strong communication skills, time management, project management skills, eye for business and high self-awareness/EQ.
- Demonstrated previous research experience, influence skills, initial leadership exposure, ability to translate product requirements into technical requirements, and work in ambiguity and solutioning.
- Solves complex problems; take a new perspective on existing solutions; exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Accountability for high quality, value-driven work; place the user in the center of decision making, embrace continuous learning, curious and voice opinions, and take personal accountability.
- Knowledge of Northwestern Mutual’s loan and/or surrender systems or business processes is a plus.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups