At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual Home Office is becoming a leader in technology innovation with rapid customer solution development becoming the norm. We are seeking experienced Security Engineers with a broad background in all aspects of Security Technologies including Network, cloud, mobile and application to ensure the availability and accessibility of data is provided to our customers, but equally meaningful, is protected for our customers. This role will apply your expertise and experience to swiftly deliver enterprise impacting security solutions through multifaceted and collaborative partnerships across IT.
We are looking for a Senior Network Security DevOps Engineer to join our team within the Investments and Financial Management Technology space! This role can be fully remote. The role requires a dynamic and agile engineering mindset, grit and persistence to solve complex problems, ability to get things done quickly but thoughtfully, and strong engineering skills.
- Lead analysis, design engineering and implementation of network security solutions for new and existing environments
- Act as a technical advisor and domain specialist to multi-functional teams and partners
- Maintain an outstanding knowledge of capabilities and applicable vendor product offerings in the Network Security domain
- Understand technical issues and risks affecting the business and be able to communicate them to management and other business leaders
- Proven proficiency and ability to logically analyze and solve sophisticated issues with various teams
- Ability to set priorities for scope, risk and quality of technology solutions to meet business needs
- Communicating technical information in a consumable manner to any organizational level
- Ability to independently identify and resolve critical and issues through effective problem-solving skills
- Maintaining and strengthen relationships; ability to effectively influence and inspire change with internal and external partners.
- Validated skills in management, decision making, and compromise skills preferred
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills with the ability to work within expectations, prioritize work, and multi-task; Agile/Scrum team experience a plus
- Demonstrable experience in handling ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Development experience in at least one programming language (Python, Go, etc.) with experience applying that to security tool development, automation and overall programmatic solutions that will be used to defend infrastructure
- 5 years+ of experience in designing and deploying continuous integration / continuous delivery (CICD) tooling and automation infrastructure.
- Experience with some or all of the following CI/CD tooling: Ansible, Sauce Labs, Selenium, Git, Docker, Nexus, Jenkins, Urbancode, TFS, Jira, and more.
- 3 years+ of experience in offensive/defensive security, or systems engineering
- Knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching), and Unix based systems
- Experience researching, building and implementing defensive security systems that are used against internal and external attack vectors
- Experience creating network segmentation through various technologies such as routing, virtual networking, and SDN
- Energy and passion to learn about new technologies and find opportunities to apply them on the job.
- Experience in a multi-platform environment, including cloud technology.
- Experience with Infrastructure Automation.
- Experience with software development.
- Experience in Information Technology with demonstrated Networking and Cyber Security experience in a business environment. Preferred specifics:
- Firewall design, implementation, maintenance of a stable platform and support experience in NextGen Firewall technologies
- CASB / SASE / Proxy configuration and operational support
- Solving production network security challenges, requiring knowledge of BGP, TCP/IP and other common layer 2 / layer 3 protocols
- Ability to tackle issues throughout multiple security stack layers
- Current experience in securing Public Cloud environments is a plus (AWS preferred).
- Experience in Integrating network security into CI/CD pipelines a plus
- Strong Network and Security experience desired
- Experience and capacity to lead, coach and mentor staff members
If any of this excites you, we want to hear from you!
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups