At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a Senior Metadata Management Engineer passionate about Data Management to join our team. Our team provides critical data management expertise and services to various areas across the organization. The role requires a multifaceted agile mentality, patience and persistence to solve complex business problems, and strong data management skills. You will work to achieve the following goals:
- Mature enterprise data management capabilities:
- Implement and manage new enterprise metadata management and data quality solutions
- Develop data quality and metadata management standards, best practices and policies
- Consult and advise external teams on how to meet specific business unit data management goals
- Provide data management shared services for enterprise data assets:
- Build and manage data management components, as needed, to support enterprise data engineering goals and objectives
- Build out data catalog, data dictionary, business glossary and data lineage components to support regulatory requirements for our most critical data assets
- Define and develop data management metrics to report on the health of the application and practice
What You'll Get to Do:
- Work with a talented, hardworking, respected team with deep domain expertise and enterprise savvy to build out the next generation of enterprise data management capabilities
- Collaborate with engineers and architects across several enterprise organizations to identify data management solutions
- Build and mature data management capabilities for several top-tier data platforms and services
What skills you'll need to be successful:
- A solid foundation in core data management skills including direct experience with: data modeling, data governance, metadata management and data quality
- Solid grasp of DMBoK concepts and domains (CDMP certification desired)
- An architecture approach with the ability to translate business capabilities into technology solutions
- Experience with industry standard data modeling, metadata management, and data quality technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- 7+ years demonstrated ability in data engineering/data architecture with a focus on data management
- Deep Knowledge and experience in metadata management software
- Experience architecting and building data management solutions to meet enterprise level goals and objectives
- Experience with different operational, BI, and analytical technology implementations (on-prem/cloud, structured/unstructured data, operational/DW/data lake implementations)
- CDMP certification is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, but be an awesome teammate
- Experience with Agile methodologies/Dev Ops environments
- Experience with Collibra is desired
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups