At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
Perform research and analyze third party market data and other financial software across the Managed Investments function in collaboration with data consumers across front, middle, and back-office teams, as well as cross functional collaboration with Sourcing & Procurement/Vendor Management, Finance, Legal, Data Governance, Technology, Compliance, and Information Security. Provide transparency around all data sourced from external market data providers, help document the underlying metadata, optimize spend, track and monitor contractual obligations such as rights of use, user licenses, etc. Help track the third-party data needs of the business and ensure compliant and ready access to this critical data while also identifying methods to improve data consumption and quantifying the potential impact.
How you will do it:
- Act as subject matter expert and primary point of contact for all third-party data and have a thorough understanding of the business value derived from such data.
- Recommend optimization opportunities to streamline data accessibility in the future.
- Collaborate with business areas to ensure maximum use and efficiency of products and removal/reduction of products not in use or that have declining use.
- Understand and document how the data flows between systems and be able to bring it together in a comprehensive view (using tools like Snowflake, Power BI, and Collibra)
- Work with various business and technology teams to understand and map the different data sources, their business owners, delivery methods, users and licensing.
- Identify methods to improve and streamline data consumption and quantify potential impact.
- Coordinate communication within the function regarding vendors, their products, and data simplification opportunities
- Work with Sourcing & Procurement and vendors to understand and research products and services.
- Help define a business process for identifying, onboarding, and delivering new data as per business needs, as well as optimizing existing market data usage.
- Develop dashboards/analytics and an oversight process for the user-based licensing, vendor pricing models, and our data usage.
- Serve as a data product subject matter expert for integration projects and assist in usage reviews, when needed.
- Assist in reviewing/approving invoices and maintaining an inventory of vendors, products, and services, including details of internal usage.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, detail-oriented, self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively partner across various functions and with the market data vendors to accomplish the stated goals.
- Strong understanding of Market data vendors, products and services as well as usage within Financial Services
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organization, accuracy, and strong attention to detail
- Previous experience with Market Data in Financial Services
- Deep understanding of investments and nuanced terms related to asset management firms (i.e., AUM base, CUSIPs, number of securities, asset classes, etc.)
- Substantial experience working with Microsoft Excel, SQL, Power BI, Snowflake Marketplace
- Knowledge of traditional market data vendors such as Bloomberg, FactSet, Refinitiv, & S&P is preferred.
- Time management skills and the ability to lead multiple requests simultaneously, along with proven organizational skills and technical understanding of market data integration into key business processes.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, or related fields
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more.
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups