At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What's the role?
The Senior Manager, Social Media Strategy plays a critical role in driving awareness and consideration of Northwestern Mutual’s brand in the marketplace through the creation and distribution of compelling, impactful social media content and influencer partnerships.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Social Marketing, this role will be essential in the ongoing transformation of the company’s social presence, with a focus on driving engagement with key audiences across NM’s existing social architecture. In addition to developing and implementing our brand social strategy, this role will also be a key player in helping to develop cross-functional processes and procedures around crisis communications, marketing compliance, field marketing, recruiting/HR, and more. The ideal candidate is a creative and analytical marketer with a passion for social media, content creation, and storytelling.
- Implement strategic social recommendations across all areas of social media, including our brand personality, channel strategy, content focus, and amplification methods
- Create and present creative briefs for all social campaigns and key tentpole moments throughout the year, working with external agencies as well as our in-house creative team to facilitate social asset development
- Develop and implement a forward-looking recommendation on the strategy, selection, and flighting considerations for the use of influencers within our larger social and earned media strategy
- Liase with our paid media agency and platform representatives to deliver key recommendations for boosted paid media strategy and test-and-learn opportunities
- Working with our compliance team, assist in documenting the policies, processes, and standard methodologies used across our social channels for regulatory compliance purposes
- Directly supervise the day-to-day activities of our community management team, including social listening, engagement, crisis monitoring, and the opportunity for interacting in real-time social trends
- Partner closely with our field social media team to determine cross-collaboration opportunities for our financial advisors and home office employees
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of our social media efforts and campaigns
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications or a related field
- 4+ years of professional experience in related positions (such as brand marketing, digital marketing, social media and content marketing).
- Targeted candidates will have managed social channels for a business or agency clients in a past role.
- At least 1 year of experience managing vendors and budget, including directly supervising project objectives and timelines
- Proficiency in Sprinklr or other enterprise social media management tool. Sprinklr certification a plus.
- A creative, entrepreneurial spirit who is self-motivated and constantly seeking out and evaluating opportunities to drive the business forward without being told when and what to do.
- Financial services or regulated industry is a plus.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, social tactics and strategies that generate leads and positive impressions. A desire to continuously innovate as social platforms and capabilities evolve.
- Analytical approach, with a desire to continuously innovate on and improve our social experience and how it contributes to the overall marketing landscape
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express complex ideas, results and areas of opportunities (both verbally and written) in English.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, with a demonstrated record of partnering and influencing cross-functional teams
- Ability to navigate complex compliance concerns, and to learn new concepts quickly.
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups