At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Mainframe Senior Systems Programmer / Database Administrator
- At least 10 years of hands-on technical experience as a Db2 systems programmer/application DBA in a z/OS environment
- Work closely with all levels of IT to deploy and support z/OS Db2 infrastructure and the associated application stack
- Solid knowledge in Db2 subsystems and application tuning
- Provide leadership in technical aspects of assigned projects and support issues
- Work with companion teams to setup and implement database standards
- Find opportunities to improve availability, reliability, and performance of system and application infrastructure
- A keen eye on process improvement and automation
- Self-directed and collaborative
- Bring new insights to the table
- Proficient in Incident, Problem, and Change Management
Functional Working Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- In-depth experience in supporting mainframe technology (i.e. z/OS ISPF, JCL, JES2, etc.) specifically SMP/E
- Upgrade, configure, and migrate new releases of Db2; regularly apply maintenance, and when necessary, apply PTFs/APRS
- Experience reviewing HOLDDATA
- Use stand-alone utilities (i.e. DSNJLOGF, DSNJU004, DSNJU003, etc.)
- Manage Db2 active and archive logs
- Modify Db2 zParms
- Recycle Db2
- Manage system catalogs
- Understand logic and physical database design
- Experience as a z/OS DB2 administration, working with DDL, DML/DQL, DCL, DTL, DB2 commands, and SQL
- System and Application Performance tuning; including bufferpools
- Ensure recoverability of the system and application database components
- Support DR activities (RTO/RPO: synchronization methods)
- Experience in the Db2 Utilities (i.e. COPY, QUIESCE, REPAIR, REORG, LOAD, etc.)
- Understand RACF Security
- Understand database managed security through RACF opposed to Db2 security
- Monitor instances for events and resolutions/escalations
- Ensure accurate alerting is occurring for Db2 messages
- Perform triage and troubleshooting
- Support Db2 Replication Tools
- Develop scripting to automate Db2 systems engineering tasks
Nice to Have:
REXX / CLIST scripting, CNTL-M, Auto-Operator, BMC Monitoring, Query Monitor, Cloning, High Performance Unload, Administration Tool, Automation Tool, SQL Performance Analyzer, Log Analyzer, Guardium, Optim, Db2 Foundation, PowerExchange & Sybase Db2 Replication Agents, DataStudio, IDz, Zowe, DBeaver, SNOW, Changeman, Agile, Masking tools (i.e. Delphix), Getlab
If any of this excites you, we want to hear from you!
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups