At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
This position will be critical in helping us build our application using React, Node and modern software design principles.
This role will have three components:
- Help us establish frontend and backend design patterns. 75% of this work will be backend.
- Help us enhance and grow our existing components
- Help us support, troubleshoot, and manage our application design and integrations
- Amazon RDS
- Be a team player: contribute to our culture, invent new ways to address industry needs, criticize constructively, and help create a world-changing company
- Work directly with business partners to understand and design solutions
- Mentor and help grow other team members
- Write automated tests via TDD to foster effective, reusable, and flexible code
- Build logic in isolated, independent, reusable components
- Ability to tackle problems, independently and as part of a team
- Debug and troubleshoot integration with new API’s
- You know and care about modern software development and design tools and techniques
- Make changes to and create data models for persisting application data
- A minimum of 4+ years of professional web development or programming experience is required
- Strong Node/JS skills (3+ years’ experience)
- Strong Unit Testing skills
- Dev Ops skills, specifically with AWS and GitLab CI
- Strong Git skills
- Strong Agile methodology skills
- Strong understanding of RESTful principles and best practices
- Strong understanding and experience in DB technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and receive and provide constructive feedback
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical and non-technical staff
- Passionate about creating and maintaining high-quality architecture, configuration and code, and deployment processes
- Knowledgeable on security principles (OWASP)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience planning and estimating product development and delivery timelines
- Experience working with clients and end users; and the drive to put their needs first
Employment Experience: 5-8
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups