At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual our mobile apps are a key component of our aim to create a remarkable client experience. Do you have a passion for elegant native mobile architecture and engaging apps? Join our team of dedicated mobile engineers as we build the tools to help our millions of customers achieve financial security and independence.
Remote Work from Home or In Office in Minneapolis, MN
Our mobile development team is distributed across locations in Milwaukee, NYC and anchored by a core team in downtown Minneapolis. We offer a casual, flexible work environment which we believe is essential for our engineers to develop the most creative solutions to demanding problems. Northwestern Mutual is investing heavily in its future and our executive team understands that success will require the help of the brightest mobile developers in the industry. Become a fundamental part of our growing team and help us shape the future!
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Outstanding software engineering experience with strong CS fundamentals, and 5 or more years of experience writing mobile applications in a production environment
- A deep knowledge of iOS design and development patterns
- Ability to identify and implement proper architectural decisions
- Familiarity with reactive programming
- Strong experience with Swift, Combine or RxSwift
- Tenacious self-starter attitude and determined problem solving ability
- Proven history of technical team leadership
- Collaborative teamwork and someone who cares more about proper solutions than being right
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience writing highly available microservices
- An eye for design and user experience
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups