At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Investment Strategy Department Overview:
NM’s Investment Strategy Department (ISD) is responsible for providing strategic investment guidance and top-down portfolio management for NM’s General Account portfolio and retirement plan assets as well as leading NM’s spread lending business. The team manages NM’s institutional public equity assets through active allocation strategies and is responsible for selection, oversight, and management of external asset managers across accounts. ISD also leads the technology and data strategy for Managed Investments.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities :
- Leads the digital data strategy to support the Real Estate or NM Capital investment teams with data capture needs. You will be a part of a key transformational initiative seeking to reinvent the investment lifecycle by identifying data needs and introducing new approaches to gather, store, and consume data. Serving as a bridge between investment decision makers and dedicated Technology staff and data engineers to identify data capture and digitization opportunities. In coordination with the investment teams, identifying various internal and external data sourcing needs that will be key in the investment process, as well as ways to digitize and integrate this data for consumption.
- Establishes data quality and controls through governance practices and improved data consumption processes . Identify ways to improve the investment data flow and data consumption processes by defining controls and identifying data needs and sources for improved decision making. Working with the technology team to design and develop a digital data and storage strategy, developing requirements, and ensuring that an appropriate Data Governance process is in place to validate data quality. Long-term you will be providing up front quality assurance and controls for data used in the investment management process to help mitigate risk and increase efficiency for downstream systems and reporting purposes.
- Coordinates with teams across departments to drive technology and data solutions. Develop an understanding of the investment management lifecycle, asset classes, investment risk framework, and investment objectives while working with the technology team to develop tools, queries, and visualizations to provide decision-support analysis and drive the requirements, development, and testing of tools from proof of concept to production.
Relevant Technical Skills:
- MS Office
- Experience with digital data platforms
- Experience with analytic tools such as PowerBI is a plus
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Economics, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Three or more years work experience in related role.
- Data-driven decision-making attitude.
- Process oriented and able to create a process where there is none.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to challenge the status quo in an objective way to find innovative ways of doing things.
- Attention to detail and a willingness/ability to dig into data.
- Aim for results, strong work ethic and sophisticated problem-solving skills.
- Thinks with an enterprise attitude.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups