At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
- Plans, coordinates, and actively runs the IT delivery plans for complex, multi-functional technical solutions that generally spans multiple, technical products
- Handles the end-to-end plan that is inclusive of all the changes needed to technical products in support of initiative outcomes
- Projects often involve network, server, or software implementation and upgrades, PC deployment and the like and will be expected to be hands on as well as overseeing project
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for driving specific aspects of a medium size program with medium complexity.
- Makes connections across teams to drive identification and managing of inter-dependencies
- Accountable for defining the program structure and a plan to deliver on the program objectives
- Drives on objectives, priorities, and measures
- Accountable for identifying, assessing, and mitigating program risks and issues, and removing impediments
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience
- 3 to 5 years of project or program management experience in infrastructure
- Experience with project management methodologies & SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle)
- Experience with delivering projects using Waterfall and Agile
- Understands how software is developed, tested, and implemented as well as technical concepts
- Ability to work closely with engineers, product managers and business leaders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to dig into details, learn, ask questions, and become the "go to expert" on certain concepts and topics
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Highly skilled in collaboration and negotiation
- Needs to be comfortable interacting and collaborating with leadership across the company including high level executives
- Experience working in a large-scale Metrics IT environment
Why should you work with us?
- Outstanding Benefits- PTO, bonuses, medical, dental, vision, 401k, and pension plans
- Tons of room for career growth, coaching and mentoring
- Highly competitive salary
- Equal Opportunity Employer
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups