At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
A Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer plays a pivotal role at Northwestern Mutual. We're building high-visibility applications that people love!
In this role, support our organization’s rapidly growing retail investment business including providing solutions directly for our customers as well as our large nationwide sales force.
Join our Platform Team which supports the engineering sector and provide technical solutions by building homegrown tools and using vendor tools.
As a member of our larger engineering team, you will find innovative ways to develop resilient, sustainable, secure, scalable solutions to create an exemplary experience for our user base on a highly collaborative team that apply agile practices. As a senior technology leader on the team, bring your understanding full stack solutions, and apply your expertise in designing solutions, as you guide others during code reviews and other opportunities, and be a “go-to” resource on the team.
Required skills and experience:
- Ability to analyze, design, develop, and deploy web apps and micro services hosted within AWS Cloud Infrastructure.
- 4+ years of experience building robust and easy to consume RESTful APIs. (Express or similar frameworks)
- A minimum of 2 years of front-end development experience (React/Redux, Vue, or similar)
- Source control using Git including standard branching strategies
- Ability to create automated builds and tests with Docker
- Exposure to CI/CD (Jenkins, Gitlab, CircleCI, or similar)
- Static code analysis for test coverage, remediating code smells and vulnerabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High-level analysis skills to provide feedback and improvement opportunities for the overall solution. This includes but is not limited to audit controls, data privacy, security, and overall architecture/design.
- Ability to collaborate successfully and optimally with team members. Includes but not limited to participating in daily scrum standups, pair programming, engaging in peer code reviews, and using collaboration tools like Jira, Slack, Zoom.
Experience that’s not required, but nice to have:
- Experience crafting and maintaining GraphQL services
- Familiarity with DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Ansible/Terraform)
- Familiarity with Functional Testing automation frameworks such as Cucumber, Mocha, Selenium, or WebdriverIO
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program, and more!
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups