At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Job Description :
This position is for a Senior Full-Stack Developer in Finance and Risk. We support Controllers (GL/Tax/Financial Reporting), Corporate Audit & Anti-fraud, Sourcing & Procurement, and Financial Planning & Analytics. Our group of engineers are solving big data problems with cloud based solutions that mine data and combine it with modern analytic tools that are either created in-house or vendor based. Prepare to develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices; establish monitoring tools and automation processes.
As a member of our engineering team, you will be finding innovative ways to develop resilient, sustainable, secure, scalable solutions to create an exemplary experience for our user base while being on a highly collaborative team that utilizes agile practices.
As a senior technology team member, you will have an expert level understanding of the full stack solutions, you’ll leverage your expertise in designing solutions, you’ll guide others during code reviews and other opportunities, and you’ll be a “go-to” resource on the team.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates technical leadership to team.
- Establishes, aggregates, and shares team standards and best practices within department.
- Develops software using modern tools, languages, architectural patterns while incorporating automation, monitoring, and continuous integration.
- Utilizes working relationships across teams within their division.
- Assesses and provides solutions to system-wide architectural problems.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 4-5 years professional experience required
- 3-5+ years of experience working with modern engineering tools, languages and practices
- 3+ years of Node microservice API experience building high-volume, high-availability distributed systems
- 1+ years of React UI development experience
- Ability to solve big data problems using cloud-based solutions
- Ability to master data domains and align with target state architecture
- Ability to create User Interfaces, APIs, and Web Services to handle flow of data leveraging the latest tech stack technologies
- Proven experience in modernizing legacy applications
- Source control using Git including standard branching strategies
- Ability to create automated builds and tests with Docker
- Experience using continuous integration and deployment concepts
- Proven experience working with ETL Tools (i.e. Nifi, AWS Glue)
- Proven experience with public cloud and associated technologies (i.e. AWS, Azure, Containerization)
- Experience with data analytic, dashboarding, and visualization tools (i.e. Power BI)
- Solid understanding of design patterns and architecture
- Demonstrated critical thinking, ownership mindset and continuous learning
- Experience developing solutions using agile methods
- Mentor for the team and department
- Capable of communicating between product, engineering, and the business
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical and non-technical teams to drive business outcomes
- Manages own time to meet objectives
- Ability to perform peer reviews on code and design
**Eligible for Remote**
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups