At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As a Sr. Financial Analyst/Regional Financial Consultant, working with Regional VP, Principals, and internal management regarding financial outlook of Network/District Offices, you will identify financial issues - researching, and recommending options for resolution; conduct financial analysis to support decisions related to overall Network Office financial health, and investments for future growth. You will consult directly with field business partners, primarily Chief Financial Officers and Managing Partners, and may lead cross-departmental initiatives related to financial consulting, reviewing to assessing current financial state/trends, including in-depth research/analysis of revenue sources, expense management, profitability, cash flow and debt structure/leverage. Further, you will conduct "Where to Invest" consulting, preparing financial scenarios using financial modeling tools, providing ad hoc analysis to define/propose investment strategies.
- Proactively identifies Office financial issues and assists the VP Distribution Performance/Principal and internal management in resolving these issues by providing research and resolution options, taking into account financial performance management standards, guidelines, and accountabilities.
- Conducts financial statement/financial health reviews to assess current state and trends of the Offices' financial position. This includes in-depth research and analysis of sources of revenue, expense management, profitability, cash flow and debt structure/leverage.
Field "Where to Invest" Consulting
- Prepares financial scenarios using numerous financial modeling tools (e.g. FMM, Planning Tool, ROI, break-even) to direct decisions about investments in the Office.
- Collaborates with regional team, field business partners and internal management to assess the feasibility of new front line leadership roles (e.g. FD, GDD, DD, MD).
- Provides ad hoc analysis to define and propose investment strategies for the Office, including thorough review and understanding of: MP contract and compensation programs, Expense management, Financing debt servicing strategies, and Financial impact of front-line leadership appointments
- Creates financial tools to assess the impact of and guide decision making on the timing of District start-ups and FD/DD appointments. Prepares MD/DD net income projection to assess the viability of the new appointment.
Financial Trend Analysis
- Provides summary reporting to internal management on Office financial health based on proactively identifying financial trends, opportunities and areas of concern. This information is used to direct management decision making on support provided to Offices.
- Works directly with the VP Distribution Performance/Principal and Field business partners on developing both short-term and longer-term financial plans for each Office.
- In collaboration with Field Accounting, develops trend analysis for specific requests and for the purpose of identifying best practices to be communicated to the Field and implemented in consultation with the home office.
Provides day-to-day consultation to the Office on financial management through review and execution of:
- Annual budget creation (including projections) and a 3-5 year rolling plan
- Monitoring Office line-of-credit usage, including overages related to MD or FR debt
- Regular review of year-to-date budget to actual results
- Active comparison of Office revenue and expense levels against peer group
- Addressing Field business partner questions related to financial matters and compensation, in collaboration with home office colleagues
Financial Consulting Project Participation
- Provides coaching and training to Field business partners to promote Office self-sufficiency. Trains the Field on and advocates for Home Office tools, reports, and best practices for Office use.
- Participates in cross-departmental projects and initiatives to further develop financial consulting services and tools to support Field Management.
- Collaborates with Director and home office colleagues in financial tool development (modeling, retirement, net income projection, cash flow analysis, investment ROI, etc.) for the team. Evaluates potential development and enhancements for new financial consulting processes.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or finance required.
- MBA, or CFA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related business experience working with financial statements, performing financial analysis and modeling, and using spreadsheet tools.
- Broad knowledge of the company's products, distribution system, field compensation and sales reporting required.
- Strong analytical skills with the proven ability to analyze business problems and make decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and carry out diverse assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and acceptance at all levels within the Home Office and Field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical or financial information to various audiences to gain common understanding.
- Experience working with Northwestern Mutual's Field Management with knowledge of commission system, contract structure, and financial programs highly desired.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups