At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Manages and supports the personal engagement initiatives for the Chief Insurance Officer (CIO), as part of the office of the Chief of Staff. This role will focus on the design, development, and implementation of an engagement plan for the CIO, a functional engagement and communication plan, as well as manage all day-to-day engagements and communications needs of the CIO. This role will be responsible for planning and coordinating large/small meetings, developing presentation content, written/video messages, personal correspondence, while managing all related research and preparatory activities to accomplish those efforts. This role will partner with teams in corporate strategic communications, human resources, and corporate strategy to support the business direction and goals.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Take first pen on all CIO communications except for main stage presentations and BOT
- Create decks and presentations to tell a story and drive decision-making for an executive audience
- Craft timely communications for CIO that ladder up to the 2024 strategic communications plan and drives business outcomes
- Create and execute on an engagement strategy with employees
- Regularly gather feedback and insights (personal outreach, etc) from business areas to inform future communications
- Create a network within the department to help inform timely topics
- Work with colleagues in the OCOS to coordinate meeting/event prep materials for CIO
- Serve as liaison to and partner of Strat Comms and PR
- Provides a proactive, rapid response to time sensitive issues.
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred.
- 10 or more years of experience at a leadership level in communication, public relations, organizational communication, marketing or related communication field.
- Demonstrated experience project management.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize and relate complex information; and develop and implement functional communications strategies.
- Ability to adapt style and build consensus with senior leaders and executives.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills across multiple formats (presentations, emails, talking points, etc)
- Strategic thinker capable of connecting dots for a broad audience
- Comfortable tailoring messaging based on audience make-up, relationship, and disposition
- Ability to coordinate messaging across multiple departments
- An understanding of NM’s business model and value proposition
- Project management skills needed to execute on deliverables for a large event
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups