At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Responsible for the creation and execution of the Underwriting learning strategy. This individual will drive solutions that enhance the learner experience and business outcomes. Collaborate with other leaders to deliver a set connected solutions that support our talent evolution and increase efficiency.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for assigned operational learning organization and capabilities supporting New Business and Underwriting teams: performance consulting, facilitation, instructional design and development, learning technology, knowledge management, and learning programs.
- Leads and professionally develops a team of people leaders to design, develop and deploy learning strategies and assets in support of critical strategic and operational initiatives in support of our evolution.
- Acts with Leadership Excellence, creating a highly engaging environment that enables employees and the field to do their best work.
- Establishes key learning performance and business impact metrics, monitors and assesses performance and trends relative to baseline and targeted goals; creates and executes action plans as necessary to affect performance improvement.
- Responsible for influencing a consistent and common learning experience across operations, to include home office and field learners. Responsible for ensuring the effective performance of all learning assets and balancing delivery modalities within learning solutions.
- Leads the development, implementation, management, and evaluation of existing programs for impact and alignment with functional needs. Provides recommendation for, and executes the implementation of, learning program / assets that increase reach, impact, and future organizational capability.
- Develops and executes multi-year strategy to create learning model(s) of the future, supporting multiple generations and learning styles / preferences; champions new learning strategies and solutions and ensures effective implementation, delivery, and quality of learning assets across all learning capabilities.
- Interfaces with executives, department heads and other leaders to effectively support the evolving learning needs of the business.
- Collaborates across enterprise and field learning organizations, as well as quality organization to develop high-level strategies to address performance needs.
- Leverages internal and external network and partnerships to continuously evolve learning program capabilities and outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Education or a related field or an equivalent combination of professional related work experience.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of progressively responsible work and leadership experience within the learning domain, to include a minimum of 5-7 years of experience supporting Operations, with demonstrated ability to identify and drive business goals, objectives and key performance expectations.
- Mastery of adult learning principles, curriculum construction and facilitation.
- Demonstrated strategic thinker who is able to balance current challenges and future possibilities and create strategic focus in an actionable manner for the business.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others through change in a fast paced, matrixed organization.
- Strong consulting skills; including the ability to lead, direct, negotiate and influence with and without direct authority at all levels of an organization.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups