At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer at Venture Studio
The Venture Studio is primarily focused on discovering, experimenting, and building new industry disruptive opportunities that have the potential to capitalize on changing consumer behaviors over the next 3-10 years. Additionally, every member of the team is empowered to invest in, and partner closely with, external startups that we believe are poised for exponential growth. The team is composed of VCs, founders with multiple exits, and seasoned operators from the likes of Brex, Plaid, Twitter, Eventbrite, and even the White House.
This role provides the rare opportunity to ignite change and disrupt the industry across a multitude of markets, with a specific focus on the future of web3, FinTech, InsurTech, and across Health & Wellness. The role provides all the energy and autonomy of building an early-stage startup, but with the stability and resources backed by the Fortune 100.
● Explore, Identify, and develop new forms of consumer engagement that deliver
against consumer problems / needs within identified opportunity spaces.
● Scope, and lead technical projects, laying the groundwork for early-stage
products to iteratively evolve and scale.
● Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and
systems, where necessary.
● Debug production issues. Ship every day.
● Develop and execute against our objectives. Make effective tradeoffs that
consider experiment priorities, user experience, speed, and a sustainable
● Partner with external startups or agencies to help our development scale even
● Teach and mentor junior individual contributors. As a senior member on a new
team, you will be looked to for guidance.
Lead the technical strategy and development for Venture Studio initiatives.
● Create reusable code and libraries for the Venture Studio platform and open
● Collaborating with engineers and product managers to establish both the
long-term vision for the prospects we're investigating and the short-term
strategies for our trials.
● Collaborate closely with our user researcher and assist with research projects
● Review code written by other developers and ensure best practice and scalability
● Integrate with 3rd party technologies and build on our portfolio companies’
● Triage product and systems issues team through debugging, resolving, and
tracking, while being able to communicate issues and progress to the larger team
● Lead the technical strategy, development, and maintenance of sophisticated
full-stack technologies, in close collaboration with other team members, that
enable the Venture Studio ecosystem
● Engage in daily discussion with the team and always feel open to bring up
innovative ideas and solutions!
● Enjoy working in a cross-functional product team with product, design, and
● Expertise in code versioning, ie. Git
Deep Solidity, ERC-20, ERC-721, and ERC-1155 contract expertise, as well as
experience deploying applications on the Ethereum network, are required. Adept across
different DLTs and languages is a plus.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups