At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative, and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees, and financial representatives donate time, talent, and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
Responsible for independently and objectively analyzing, forecasting, and reporting financial results for Northwestern Mutual and subsidiaries. Highly visible position that has interactions with executive officers, business leaders and finance leaders and requires strong business partnerships as analyses, insights and recommendations are presented, including negotiating with senior leaders across the business to influence decisions making.
How you will do it:
- Serves as a key financial resource on strategic initiatives for the Department/Function including participation in business case development and using expertise to develop innovation solutions to broad issues.
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and reporting of financial data to track performance and influence decisions to support company financial and strategic targets.
- Applies broad industry and enterprise knowledge to drive financial performance, anticipating and identifying issues that may impact enterprise-wide results.
- Drives accountability by setting, monitoring, and reporting targets/outcomes related to key performance indicators, which may include revenue, expense, or other metrics aligned with the company’s financial and strategic goals.
- Lead strategic modeling, scenario planning, and performs analysis to support data-driven decisions, and brings new approaches or techniques to solve problems that have a broad impact on the business.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or other business required
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in positions with increasing financial management responsibilities
- Exceptional people leadership capabilities to create an engaging work environment
- Intellectual agility, analytical and problem-solving abilities and well-developed presentation skills.
- Ability to develop rapport and maintain effective relationships throughout the Company and influence decision making without authority
- Strong business acumen with an ability to understand and synthesize company-wide results.
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and lead through change.
Budgeting - Advanced
Consulting - Advanced
Cost Forecasting - Expert
Developing Proposals - Intermediate
Expense Management - Advanced
Financial Modeling - Expert
Financial Reporting - Expert
Innovation - Advanced
Negotiation - Advanced
Process Improvements - Advanced
Reconciliations - Expert
Strategic Decisions – Advanced
Great pay package, 401K, company sponsored retirement plan, educational assistance, performance-based incentive pay, medical, dental and vision insurance, parental leave, caregiver time off….and more!
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups