At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves.
We are seeking a Senior Director - Field Experience to lead the design, implementation, and adoption of the Northwestern Mutual Field Experience.
The Field Experience Director will act as the organizational reference point for our Career Distribution System and will be core to how Career Distribution Sales and Marketing Enterprise aligns, prioritize, execute, communication strategies regarding the health and progress in evolving our distribution experience. This person will engage, align, and support of executive stakeholders in the home office and the field and lead people change in the field. Reporting to Vice President Field Experience Center of Excellence to assure connection, integration and alignment to Distribution and Corporate Strategy. the group focused on the vision, design, launch, evolution, and operationalization of the Northwestern Mutual Field Experience.
- Devises the plan to develop and deploy the Field Experience including scope, approach, sponsorship, resource alignment and project management. Leads the engagement of key executives and stakeholders in the field and home office to drive alignment, promote integration and drive end-to-end implementation of change.
- Drives support for and accountability to the Field Experience by devising forums, resources, services, and guidelines that develop a high understanding and regard for the value of the Field Experience in driving successful engagement and execution with our field force. Partners closely with corporate communications, human resources, corporate strategy to maintain a holistic engagement and communication strategy and approach.
- Partners closely with internal Voice of Field team to develop a deep understanding of the voice of the field, collaborating on impactful programs and venues to define engagement plan and successfully manage the execution of the plan.
- Bachelor's degree with focus in business, information systems or finance preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive responsibility management level experience.
- Proven leadership skills emphasizing strong technical aptitude, strategic agility, forward thinking, process management, team building, and interpersonal savvy.
- Strong decision making, analytical, business/strategic planning, problem solving and organizational skills. Proven experience leading and influencing change, outcome management and large project management.
- Engages in and models courageous and constructive dialogue; confidence to offer a new and potentially challenging ideas to foster conversation and critical thinking; ability to deliver difficult / complex messages and help others understand multiple points of view.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups