At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As the leader of Enterprise Architecture’s Security Practice, you’ll be responsible supporting our Chief Information Security Officer and her team in the establishing an integrated risk culture, working with enterprise partners to ensure security is well integrated into our enterprise target architecture and helping to define the transitional architectures required to support our modernization efforts!
What you’ll do:
- Help mature our Information Protection Program by continually assessing control effectiveness against current and emerging threats, and partnering with technology leaders to define and prioritize the implementation of effective controls
- Maintain a synthesis of top IT risks and take value centric approach to prioritizing and advocating for the reduction of risk
- Support the development and maturing of our strategic enterprise information security/technology risk management program
- Support the advancement of a risk culture company-wide to ensure alignment with long-term objectives
- Support the development of patterns and strategies for evolving our security controls towards our target architecture
- Work closely with our security organization and enterprise architecture practices to ensure that security is well integrated into our target architecture
- Build strong working relationships with architects and practitioners in our security and delivery teams
- Manage a team of enterprise architects and work effectively across organizational boundaries
What we’re looking for:
- 15+ years of experience in security architecture and/or application development
- Experience securing cloud, on-prem and hybrid technology stacks
- Deep understanding of common authentication protocols and frameworks
- Extensive experience implementing common security patterns and practices
- Experience driving maturity in secure software development practices
- Solid understanding of the regulatory and compliance landscape for large financial services institutions
- Experience with technology modernization from on-prem to cloud strongly preferred
- Demonstrable ability to drive broad enterprise alignment and the successful implementation of impactful technology solutions and practices
- Passionate advocate for creating an integrated risk culture across the enterprise
- Effective communicator with both technical and non-technical partners
- Skilled at influencing and working across organizational boundaries
- Experienced leader and mentor to engineers and architects
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups