At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves
What's the role?
As an integral member of the Distribution Growth Ventures Team, the Senior Director-Distribution Growth Ventures (SD-DGV) works closely with the team’s Vice President on identifying, sourcing, analyzing, executing and monitoring growth opportunities. This includes developing investment strategies as well as negotiating deals. The SD-DGV also manages internal due diligence streams, including collaboration with regional performance teams and other enterprise partners as needed to assess and execute deals.
- Accountable for identifying, sourcing, structuring, and monitoring distribution growth opportunities (deals)
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to shape and test opportunities. Refines and adjusts strategies based on learnings.
- Leads the deal process from start to finish and ensures the successful execution and monitoring of transactions (up to and including ensuring exit strategies are executed successfully).
- Oversees the building and use of complex financial models by analysts and monitors deals
- Provides ongoing performance updates and learnings to partners within Career Distribution and across the enterprise
Bring your best! What the role requires:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Advanced graduate degree and excellent academic record desired (e.g. MBA, JD)
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial culture and have the potential to lead deals with increasing autonomy. Critically and logically evaluates costs, risks and benefits of alternatives before coming to a solution.
- Proven ability effectively communicate/quantify investment strengths as well as related risks and mitigating factors.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Strong negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to draw conclusions and identify and quantify performance gaps.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- An understanding of economic and other forces affecting the financial services industry.
- Engages in and models courageous and constructive dialogue; confidence to offer a new and potentially challenging idea to foster conversation and critical thinking; ability to deliver difficult / complex messages and help others understand multiple points of view.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond quickly and creatively to change and shifting, sometimes competing, priorities. Comfort operating through risk and uncertainty in a high- volume work environment.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups