At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves.
We are seeking a Senior Director, Digital Field Experience who will dig deep into a Career Distribution – Digital Field Tech Experiences (CD-DFX) related strategic initiatives and help define the details to drive business results through technology. The ideal candidate will work on a cross-functional team of product managers, product, engineers, technology, tech success, operations, designers, change, strategic communications, and subject matter experts in Field, Data Governance, Cyber-risk, Privacy, Legal, Compliance, etc. to deliver on outcomes.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Business Expertise: Demonstrate deep knowledge of entire end-to-end business processes across multiple business areas /domains. Partners with business functions, our distribution network (field), and product management to define, determine, analyze, document, and communicate the objectives, business requirements and priorities; works with engineering and technical experts on the solution design, implementation, support, maintenance, and enhancements utilizing agile methods
- Field Business Requirements: Conducts requirements management activities, in lock step with technical and product teams, ensuring that the impacts of solution are aligned and approved by the appropriate stakeholders.
- Conducts solution assessment and validation to ensure that functional and technical specifications meet the identified business needs. Work across the enterprise to provide business direction and guidance for solutioning in large epics.
- Demonstrated experience to independently assess and document current state across multiple processes, business areas, and domains, while helping business leaders & stakeholders document new processes. Ability to think strategically and put together future state FX-led solutions.
- Works across FX-CI(Field Experience + Competitive Intelligence) and FBI to provide accurate and timely research, incorporating competitive intel and FX insights, dashboards, and reports to monitor & measure results for key business decision support. Collaborates with FX-CI and FBI to ensure report users have a clear understanding of how the metrics shown are calculated and reported.
- User Stories and/or Capabilities: Partner with technical and product teams to develop complex user stories and/or field capabilities to inform and/or support Pilots/In-Field Testing. UAT/Test Plan Review: Ensure appropriate UAT planning for Large/Complex efforts to ensure and provide review & business sign-off
- Leadership: May be responsible for leading a team of Business Analysts and Integrations teams. Provide consulting or deep business/domain knowledge to P4 or lower.
- Bachelor's or master’s in business management, Information Technology, or Project management
- 8-15 Years Prior Experience in a Business Analyst/Business Manager type position with demonstrated success within medium sized enterprises, job level commensurate with demonstrated experience
- Deep familiarity of agile & scrum development environments
- Prior strategic marketing experience within SaaS, High-tech application/software development organizations is a plus
- Experience working within a highly matrixed organization in a heavily regulated industry
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We a re an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, Ne w York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
Please note: Any wages or wage ranges listed directly on a specific job requisition or posting will supersede corresponding wage ranges listed within Pay Transparency Guide linked above.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups