At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and meaningful time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
Take a leadership role in the Company's growth efforts to increase sales and maintain excellent persistency of profitable, needs-based life insurance in the corporate, bank and estate markets. Assist the Vice President Advanced Markets in areas such as product and market development. Serve as a resource for the Company as a whole (including Law, Operations, Actuarial, and Government relations) with respect to advanced markets and related areas.
How you will do it:
- Collaborate with the field to provide advanced case support for financial representatives, their clients and prospects, and third-party administrators throughout the executive benefit planning process. This includes technical phone support, case analysis, executive benefit plan and product design, illustrations, risk analysis, financial underwriting, and implementation for complex cases.
- Lead efforts to grow number of advisors selling cases in the advanced markets.
- Lead efforts to ensure appropriate field succession and business transition in the markets.
- Conduct training in the Home Office and the field for the advanced markets, executive benefits, advanced planning, planning and sales and other NM sponsored schools and seminars.
- Lead the business in due diligence and quality control of preferred third-party administrators and financial advisor-owned administration operations.
- Monitor competition and devises strategies to improve Northwestern Mutual's position in the market, including recommending new products and modifications to existing products.
- Direct development of marketing materials, presentations and other promotional tools for the specialty markets.
- Provide expertise in the design, development and maintenance of illustration capability for the advanced markets. Designs and delivers training for executive benefit illustrations to field experts and strategic third-party administrators.
- Coach and counsel team members on complex cases, including acting as the primary lead for negotiation with Actuarial, Investments, and New Business on all large cases, and particularly those that require product, risk, premium limit or procedure/process exceptions.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- A Bachelor's degree in finance or related field such as actuarial or accounting (or equivalent work experience). JD or CPA, CFP, CLU/ChFC preferred.
- Series 6 / 26 license is required or must be acquired within three months of hire.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in insurance industry. Preferred experience in executive benefits, crafting cases, product illustrations, planning expertise, and IT.
- Proficiency with illustrations/sales support tools and experience working with advisors. Ability to comprehend, independently evaluate and explain complex planning concepts in layperson's terms and provide needs-based solutions that result in the sale of Northwestern Mutual products.
- Understanding of accounting principles as they apply to advanced markets.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required. Presentation and training experienced required.
- Validated leadership skills including negotiating, persuasion and influence, leadership, delegation, change management, planning and organization.
- Experience leading projects or ownership for divisional and cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.
This position has been classified as a Registered Representative under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting.
Required Certifications:Series 6 - FINRA, SIE - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups