At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
Leads and aligns large, highly sophisticated, cross-functional change management plans across a broad portfolio of initiatives. Provides thought leadership and change management expertise and consultation to the business to meet department, cross-department and enterprise wide goals. Regarded as an expert in developing and implementing change management strategies to address sophisticated and unique business objectives. Influences and contributes to the development of strategic business decisions and leads implementation of change management across the enterprise at all organizational levels.
How you will do it:
- Applies NM change methodology and process to deliver the people side of change that is required to achieve our desired business outcomes.
- Analyze people-related risks and points of resistance; implement specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns. Provide insight to project and senior leaders about the potential impact of decisions on the efficiency of overall change strategy.
- Accountable for leading and aligning large, highly sophisticated, strategic cross-departmental/ functional change initiatives across a broad portfolio. Responsible for leading impact of changes to people, process, technology, organization, and culture.
- Acts as an inspiring leader on change management activities; develops change plans and strategies for execution across highly complex efforts which requires significant change to business processes, behavior, and culture change.
- Partner with and influence business leadership across multiple departments and functions and all layers of the organization to craft planning and program delivery approaches that promote user centric business solutions and ensure change strategies align with the business strategy and vision. Establishes and maintains positive relationships across the organization to integrate multiple change efforts to produce coordinated delivery.
- Implement efficient change management structures that support a coordinated delivery approach and provide direction and oversight to one or more change teams to ensure predictable execution and realization of benefits.
- Develops positive relationships with business clients to handle change delivery expectations and implementation. Provides expert level change management consulting, negotiation and influencing at all levels.
- Aligns all partner leadership on strategy, business priorities, and approach to change delivery. Influences others to take action to change, within and outside of own area.
- Responsible for gathering and delivering metrics and data to drive insights and action plans to continually adjust and pursue goals. Use tools and techniques to enable end-to-end value delivery and the best ongoing rollout and ongoing experience.
- Applies extensive business acumen in depth and breadth of industry, company initiatives and strategy, and products, integrates knowledge into change management objectives.
- Uses expert-level knowledge of change management to understand key business drivers and outcomes. Conduct highly sophisticated analysis to identify scope and nature of change management deliverables to solve a department or business need.
- Embrace, integrate, and promote common NM enterprise-wide change process, methodology and language.
- May lead a team of change practitioners.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, Communication, or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of proven experience with growing levels of responsibility; including experience leading large, complex, cross-functional change management efforts.
- Proven experience crafting and implementing change management frameworks, methodologies and tools.
- Experience leading large-scale change efforts.
- Ability to present recommendations which are aligned to the business strategy. Ability to articulate an independent point-of-view and comfortable to challenge conventional practices.
- Systems view to bring organization design, people effectiveness and change enablement to drive integration and transformation.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and implement. Must be strategically oriented, yet tactically focused on execution of plans.
- Outstanding influencing and relationship skills. Capable of building and sustaining excellent relationships at multiple levels in the organization and/or field to understand business needs and strategically accomplish goals.
- Analytical problem-solving skills to draw insights, assess the organization, recognize potential issues, diagnosis route causes, and craft viable solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with business leaders to develop, implement and sustain change interventions that enable transformational shift and achievement of business goals.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and project phases
- Change Management certification (Prosci or similar).
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups