At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Represents and provides support to the VP, Risk Selection Strategy to facilitate effective decision-making which has a significant impact on the organization; this includes strategic planning, roadmap development, operational planning, leading key departmental / functional priorities, and meeting planning and preparation. Carries out implementation of strategic initiatives that span departmental, functional and organizational objectives.
- Collaborate, plan and organize with and through people to bridge strategies across teams and external partners.
- Business Operations responsible for strategy and planning to align business operations with the company's overarching strategy, mission and goals.
- Leads teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- Partners with Finance and Budget Coordinators on department planning and financial/budgeting process.
- Aligns department planning and budget to functional and company priorities, working cross-functionally with peers in the function.
- Plans and prepares agendas for departmental staff or leadership meetings and planning sessions. Participates in regular department leadership meetings to evaluate barriers to success and develop courses of action to overcome issues at the departmental level.
- Impacts the achievement of operational or project objectives and ensures alignment of departmental priorities to organizational strategy.
- Facilitates cross-functional initiatives and the flow of information between stakeholders and other teams.
- Coordinates requests for information from stakeholders and prepares reports and presentations in response.
- Minimum of 7 years' business leadership experience.
- Proven leadership skills working with diverse teams. Superior management, human relations, and interpersonal skills to lead groups of people.
- Experience in portfolio and/or project management, strategic and operational planning, and leading multiple complex projects with organization-wide impact.
- Demonstrated organizational agility to work across organizational boundaries, influence, and collaborate with all levels on solutions that benefit the organization.
- Ability to work horizontally w/ shared priorities elevate functional priorities over department objectives.
- Thinks within lateral accountabilities and interdependence.
- Proven skills in dealing with ambiguity and paradox, and leading change.
- Exceptional business acumen and focus on achieving business impact through progressive practices and sound business judgment.
- Ability to translate goals and strategies into executable business plans.
- Strong integrity and proven ability to treat confidential information confidentially.
- Strong organizational skills; able to handle competing demands, and work under tight deadlines and short timeframes.
- Strong problem solving and strategic/critical thinking skills.
- Ability to identify underlying issues and influence others without formal authority.
- Facilitation and team building skills; ability to play an active, operational and communicative role.
- Interpersonal savvy and comfort interacting with and presenting to all levels of the organization, including senior leaders.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups