At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
You’re the right fit if you love to tackle problems and are always aspiring to learn new things. We’re looking for a self-motivated and self-driven engineer who is passionate and loves technology.
We are currently located in Milwaukee and New York but has the opportunity to travel across campuses.
You will enable developer productivity in support of business objectives by:
- Building and maintaining tools and automation to enable developer productivity
- Creating patterns of automation for CI/CD, infrastructure deployment, maintenance, monitoring, security and compliance as well as partnering with other enterprise teams, using industry and enterprise standard methodologies.
- Continuously improve patterns and workflow by collecting and responding to feedback.
- Proactively learn emerging platforms and related technology
- Ability to solve complex technical issues and enable/teach peers to be self sufficient
8+ years of professional IT experience, preferably a highly regulated complex environment. This experience should be multi-disciplinary crossing Software Development, Infrastructure, Databases, Security, and Application Architecture.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Python, a plus
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Experience with Linux and Windows. Understanding how to install, configure and fix. Very comfortable with CLI.
- Experience with AWS. AWS Associate or Professional level certifications or interest to acquire them will be necessary.
- Shown experience with integration of n-tier applications (i.e. REST, DNS, HTTP, SSL, Encryption, Authentication, Load Balancing)
- Experience with CI/CD concepts and tools (i.e. GitLab, testing concepts, Change Management, blue/green, infrastructure as code)
- Experience with Agile methodologies/DevOps environment
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups