At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer focused on Data Quality to join our Data Management team. Our team provides critical data management expertise and services to various areas across the organization. The role requires a dynamic agile mindset, patience and persistence to solve complex business problems, and strong data management skills. You will work with others to achieve the following goals:
- Build a formal data quality management practice
- Implement and manage new data quality solutions
- Define and manage data quality tooling strategies and roadmaps
- Develop data quality management standards, best practices and policies
- Consult and advise external teams on how to meet specific business unit data quality goals
- Build and manage data management components, as needed, to support enterprise data engineering goals and objectives
- Provide data quality support to enable data governance objectives
- Work with data stewards to enforce, measure, report, and monitor the quality of data
- Build out reusable data quality profiles, data rules, and reports
- Define and develop data quality metrics to report on the health of critical data
What You'll Get to Do:
- Work with a talented, mission-driven, respected team with deep domain expertise and enterprise savvy to build out the next generation of enterprise data management capabilities
- Collaborate with engineers and architects across several enterprise organizations to identify data management solutions
- Build and mature data quality capabilities for the organization
What skills you'll need to be successful:
- A solid foundation in core data management skills including direct experience with enterprise-level data quality efforts and initiatives
- Deep working knowledge of DMBoK concepts and domains (CDMP certification desired)
- An architecture mindset with the ability to translate business capabilities into technology solutions
- Experience with industry standard and interactive/real time data quality and data monitoring technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- 7+ years of experience in data engineering/data architecture with a focus on data management
- Experience architecting and designing data management solutions to meet enterprise level goals and objectives
- Experience with different operational, BI, and analytical technology implementations (on-prem/cloud, structured/unstructured data, operational/DW/data lake implementations, unified data and analytics platforms)
- CDMP certification is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, but be an awesome team player
- Experience with Agile methodologies/Dev Ops environments
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups