At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As a Sr. Data Governance Specialist focused on Data Lineage, you will be joining the Data Governance Organization. Our department handles data management and governance for multiple lines of business at Northwestern Mutual. This position will function as the point of contact to connect our business units with data governance & management procedures and tools! Being people and process oriented is key.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead and drive efforts to develop business and technical data lineage metadata and documentation in collaboration with subject matter experts and data stewards
- Develop long term strategy and roadmap around collection of data lineage metadata across a very complex data environment
- Serve as an enterprise governance point of contact to business unit data owners and data stewards in relationship to data lineage metadata
- Assist in the application and implementation procedures of data standards and guidelines on data ownership, data stewardship, metadata management and data lineage
- Ensures the curation of metadata (Technical, Operational, and Business) across our governed assets
- Assists the business line data owners in classifying data assets to meet regulatory and privacy objectives
- Working with business unit data owners, assists in defining data management, governance, and data lineage requirements to ensure the governance of critical data assets
- Work closely with data management engineers to ensure data management capabilities are built appropriately to meet business unit requirements
- Bachelor's degree in information science, data management, computer science or related field preferred
- Five or more years of experience in data management, data governance, or metadata management
- Experience working with industry standards, regulations, and guidelines specific to data
- Experience working with Data Lineage or Data Catalog software packages
- Experience working with relational databases
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good communication skills to communicate with customers, team members, external data providers, and management
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups