At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
This Analytics Engineer position is a key contributor to Northwestern Mutual's Strategic Partnership and Innovation team! In this role you can expect to lead day-to-day work to acquire, analyze, combine, synthesize, and structure data with clear definitions and sources along with consulting with data consumers to identify meaningful datasets for analytical consumption. Lead day-to-day development of data products using continuous deployment and integration practices. Apply engineering best practices in order to analyze, design, develop, deploy and support data analytics products. Participate in agile story authoring, sizing, and demo sessions for product features. Lead code reviews and provide feedback to the team and Mentor junior engineers!
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4-5 years of professional experience in data acquisition, cleansing, feature engineering, debugging and software documentation, using modern languages and practices
- Experience using continuous integration and deployment concepts
- 3 years of proven ability with specific technical requirements/platforms will vary (i.e. AWS data science and analytics cloud technologies such as S3, EMR, Spark, PySpark, RDS, JupyterLab, Sagemaker, etc., data warehouses suchas Redshift or Snowflake; and digital analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics and Heap)
- Proficiency navigating various types of database models and DBMS’s to create data sets for analytics and model training and development
- Experience architecting Data Models to support reuse and accelerate multiple use cases
- Experience developing solutions using agile methods
- Experience working in data lake environments
- Experience guiding the work of junior developers
- Experience with Testing or data accuracy/quality designs
- Advanced programming skills
- Strong Python and cloud compute skills
- Strong SQL skills and background in ETL
- Understands distributed data systems and applications.
- Proficiency with data lake design and implementation considerations such as columnar storage formats (Parquet) and partitioning
- Deep understanding of analytics and data science applications
- Vast knowledge of machine learning systems
- Development of requirement driven data models such dimensional and relational.
- Deep understanding of the business domain and the meaning of the data in it to accurately identify key and associated data which can be extracted, transformed and loaded for effective consumption downstream.
- Develop the data flow so that data can be shared across the company with one source of truth being the goal.
- Understanding and awareness of regulations around the use of PII data.
- See the big picture and able to incorporate business understanding into design and approach to achieve current value and prepare for future benefit.
- Ability to provide thought leadership throughout the local scrum team
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical teams and non-technical teams
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction
- Preferred: Experience with Agile methodologies, experience in DevOps environment, Experience with user adhoc tools: power bi, business objects, Tableau; Consulting experience
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups