At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers in order to drive business decisions and address business questions
- Creates and is accountable for high quality, value driven work that drives business outcomes; places the user in the center of decision making; and collaborates with team for speed, agility and innovation in work
- Creates and produces forecasts, reports, dashboards, etc. to tell a story through data
- Utilizes analytics and metrics to improve processes and provide data-driven forecasts that impact the business (costs, risks, etc)
- Deliver results to Department leaders and Business Clients
- Delivers results, insights and recommendations (written, verbal, presentations, etc) to business audience to support business decisions
- Produce actionable reports that show key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement into current operations, and display root cause analysis of problems
- Deep expertise in a least one business area or domain, with a broad understanding of the business and domains surrounding the main focus
- Takes & applies design direction. Applies data visualization best practices to work deliverables.
- Seeks to understand business process, user tasks, and as necessary, captures refined process documents
- Implement best practices, methodologies, standards and processes and share across teams. Occasionally contribute to the development there of.
- Takes initiatives to design and develop deliverables based on interpretation of findings and business client needs on a wide range of analytical topics
- Provides consultation to business clients and may participate in cross-functional teams to address business issues
- Contributes to the growth & development of the organization through actively sharing result & insights across the teams and with Business Clients
- Identifies & captures business requirements, develops KPI frameworks
- Regularly applies new perspectives, creative problem solving, and inter-departmental connections to improve analytical capabilities
- Embrace continuous learning, curiosity, and ambiguity.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or related field.
- At least 4-5 years of professional experience
- At least 4 years experience working in analytics related field
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience doing analytics work
- A t least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in research and data analysis, application of statistical research techniques, report or application development that support business decisions/outcomes
- Expertise in development and application of analytical tools such as SAS, SQL, MS Excel, SPSS, R or other tool
- Visualization tooling like PowerBI or Tableau
- Ability to access, gather, and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources to drive insights into business problems, decisions, and performance
- Ability to articulate this knowledge as an expert at the department level and may be called on to provide insight at the enterprise level to provide detailed analysis
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups