At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer on the Threat Detection and Response team, your role will include the continuous development and build-out of our security detection and alerting capabilities
As a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer on the Threat Detection and Response team, your role will include the continuous development and build-out of security detection and alerting capabilities.
Your primary responsibility will include ongoing development and maintenance of SIEM content to detect and alert on potential security incidents.
Secondary responsibilities include:
Assist with enhancements to our threat detection platform including:
- Security Incident and Event Management(SIEM)
- Security Automation and Response(SOAR)
- Support of Insider Threat & Incident Response Function
Creation of correlation rules and/or logic to detect malicious activity
Developing and maintaining documentation related to detection and alerting procedures for security events
- Hands-on experience:
- Writing advanced Splunk SPL queries, dashboards, and alerts.
- Using regular expressions to define filters and pattern matches.
- Familiarity with MITRE ATT&CK framework, understanding various techniques & tactics used by threat actors, and how those activities are detected
- SOC / Incident Response investigative skills, such as digital forensics, memory analysis, malware reverse engineering or threat hunting.
- Experience integrating various security tools and log output used to detect malicious behavior
- Experience in scripted IT operations by way of Systems Administration, Software Development,
DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering.
- Strong problem solving, ability to analyze, design, develop, deploy, and support solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups