At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual is looking for a strong Senior Cyber Security Engineer, who will develop, configure, deploy and support security solutions across one of these security domains: Collaboration Security, Data Encryption, Database Monitoring, Data Loss Prevention, Email Security, Endpoint Security and Public Key Infrastructure.
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer is a member of the Data Protection Solutions Team and actively partners/collaborates with all other functional areas within the Infrastructure and Cloud Services product teams (colleagues at NM) to ensure security is appropriately integrated within the products being delivered throughout the organization.
Candidate will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and reporting on information & technology risks in a manner that meets compliance/regulatory requirements; aligning to support the risk posture of the enterprise. This will be achieved by leveraging a partnership with Enterprise Information Risk and Cybersecurity to assure alignment of operational risk management practices & processes. Will assist leaders in prioritizing along with developing technologies & procedures to address information & technologies risks/security gaps.
What you’ll do each day:
- Lead analysis, design engineering, configuration and implementation of security solutions for new and existing environments
- Actively participate as a next-level troubleshooting resource above the traditional L1/2 engineer
- Understand technical issues and risks affecting the business and be able to communicate them to management and other business leaders
- Keep abreast of security trends & standards; maintain a superior knowledge of capabilities and vendor product offerings in this space
What kind of person should you be?
- You pride yourself on problem-solving
- You appreciate the data of our clients is of utmost importance to protect.
- You have the ability to quickly learn unfamiliar/new products and technologies
- You can handle stressful situations calmly
- You recognize the importance of user experience and productive efficiency and seek the ability to balance these drivers with the cyber security protections/solutions
- You suggest ideas for how security can be seamlessly integrated
- You are self-motivated
- You are able to work well independently or as part of a team
- You consistently produce quality results
- Integrity is very important to you
What skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, IT Engineering or a significant amount of directly-related work experience beyond the minimum required for the position
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience
- Solid knowledge of one or multiple of the security domains mentioned above
- At a minimum, education and/or training in scripting languages; powershell, python, VB script, etc; hands on experience preferred
- Working knowledge in security concepts and theories with preference towards practical application at the operations and engineering level
- Experience in large, complex network environments
- Cloud - experience in public and private cloud security integrations with experience in continuous integration/continuous delivery methodology
- Ability to identify security risks within the product technologies and suggest mitigations
- Solid grasp of information risks and IT general controls
- Solid understanding of risk management frameworks
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- Partners well with others; proven ability to foster collaboration among team members and across teams
- Proven analytical abilities in decision making and problem solving
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity
- Solid ability to create and execute communication plans
Plus, to have:
- Certified Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Comp TIA+ certifications in the CySA, Security, Cloud, Server.
Beyond base salary, NM offers the following benefits; pension, 401k, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision, FREE lunch, annual bonus opportunity, and much more!
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups