At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Have you always wanted to work on a team at the intersection of both data analytics and cybersecurity / information risk management? Are you an inventive, fast learner who enjoys an intellectually stimulating environment? Are you known as an excellent collaborator and someone who enjoys having fun at work? Then check out the Sr. Cyber Risk Data Analyst position on our team!
In this role, you will collaborate with super-sharp data scientists, data engineers, and product managers to help senior leaders make confident, data-driven, risk-based decisions that align with strategic objectives. You will use and refine your skills in the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, coupled with your relationship-building and consultation prowess, to build and support innovative data solutions comprised of centralized reports, dashboards, ad hoc reporting, data visualization, and storytelling that delight your customers.
And, just as importantly, you will be a valued member of our team empowered by lifelong learning and continued career development!
What will your responsibilities look like?
- Collaborate with data engineers, data scientists, and product managers to design, develop, and implement innovative, enterprise-grade data solutions that promote risk-based business decisions.
- Drive risk-based business outcomes and uncover insights for decision-makers by analyzing cyber risk data from various sources for patterns and trends.
- Build innovative reports, dashboards, forecasts, and presentations to tell data stories around cyber risk and improve business decision-making.
- Develop useful cyber risk metrics – including key performance indicators (KPIs), key control indicators (KCIs), and key risk indicators (KRIs) – to identify areas for operational improvement, facilitate root cause analysis for control gaps, and offer proactive warnings for changes in cyber risk.
- Apply new perspectives, creative problem solving, multi-functional connections, and data visualization standard methodologies to improve analytical capabilities.
- Share leading practices through coaching and mentoring around core methodologies, data visualization standards, and analytical processes.
What will the ideal candidate bring?
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, or related field, or equivalent experience
5+ years of progressively responsible experience in hands-on data analysis, application of analytical techniques, and development of robust data solutions
Advanced-level expertise in data visualization and other analytical tools, ideally in the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack and Power Platform (for example, SSAS Tabular models, DAX, Power Query, and Power BI)
Experience in the design, development, and evaluation of metrics systems (KPIs, KCIs, KRIs)
Experience with statistical programming languages such as R, Python, and Julia
Proven aptitude and desire to learn new technology platforms; development, analytical, and presentation tools; data modeling, analytical, and statistical techniques; and cyber risk concepts
Initiative, resourcefulness, curiosity, and thirst for continuous learning to independently design and develop own deliverables while still collaborating in a strong team-focused environment
What would make you especially stand out?
Previous hands-on experience in cybersecurity or information risk management among a collaborative team is a plus.
One or more advanced cybersecurity or information risk management certifications (for example, CISSP, CRISC, CISM, CISA, CCSP, FAIR)
Previous experience in a Lean / Agile environment
Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups