At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and meaningful time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
Northwestern Mutual (NM) is looking for a versatile marketer that is passionate about helping people succeed in achieving their financial goals while being a key contributor to deliver marketing strategies that build awareness, increase client happiness and deepen engagement with NM products and services. As part of the Client Marketing team, this role will be responsible for driving client marketing campaigns targeted at new client growth, existing client growth and client engagement and digital adoption.
How you will do it:
- Strategy Execution: Builds and implements marketing plans with consumer-friendly messaging and campaigns in order to drive business goals and outcomes.
- Campaign Execution: Oversees the day-to-day development and execution of campaigns, ensuring they are accurate, on schedule and measurable.
- Testing: Partner with Marketing Effectiveness to identify and outline testing plans driving measurement and optimization
- Creative Briefs: Works closely with the creative team on developing creative briefs, ensuring brand standards are maintained and campaign designs are aligned to the campaign purpose.
- Program Leadership: Independently lead multiple programs and projects, completing components such as defining individual campaign strategy and calendar, project scope, budget, success criteria, risks.
- Program Assessment: Collaborate with business partners and other Marketing teams to evaluate new, and optimize existing, programs and experiences to improve key business measures.
- Influence without Authority: Lead cross-functional alignment using departmental relationships to ensure campaigns and programs meet defined goals.
- Consumer/Field Research : Partner with Insights teams to understand client and field partner needs and difficulties, analyze insights to determine root cause, and develop strategies/solutions to address challenges, resulting in improved business outcomes.
- Data-Driven Efficiency: Uses data and insights to optimize marketing plans and programs; and leverage best practices when consulting.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Demonstrated ability in a Marketing role with experience in driving cross-functional projects.
- Experience leading projects and programs.
- Functional Knowledge: Strong understanding of full funnel marketing and how it enables sales. Understanding of consumer marketing and target audience to assess needs, trends, and opportunities.
- Program Management: Ability to lead multiple, competing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth category environment.
- Communication: Effectively communicates with key stakeholders; comfortable providing feedback and recommendations.
- Relationship Management: Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships cross-functionally.
- Leadership: Ability to negotiate, influence, and build credibility and strong partnerships in matrixed organization across business functions and levels
- Presentation: Can optimally present complex information in a way that is understood by audience.
- Executional Excellence: Successfully delivers against timelines and within budget.
- Strategic Thinking: Continuously look for ways to optimize and improve processes and programs.
- Analytical Skills: Results-driven focus with ability to use data intelligence to influence decisions and refine strategies.
- Customer-Focus Thinking: able to generate strong excitement with new and unique project ideas and programs that keep the client as center focus.
- Adaptability: thrives in an environment of ambiguity, innovation and ongoing change
- Curiosity/Experimentation: Highly developed desire to monitor the constantly evolving marketing and financial industry landscape to incorporate the latest applicable trends and technologies. Try something new, fail, try again.
- Knowledge and experience in financial services industry is helpful.
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more.
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups