At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As a Sr. Business Analyst, you will investigate and define business requirements and technical features for a retirement income planning application, that empowers our advisors to help our clients achieve their retirement dreams. You will work on a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, designers and business authorities in an agile methodology to deliver user experience and business value outcomes
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Business Expertise : Deep expertise in at least one business area or domain. Ability to articulate this knowledge at the department level and may be called on to provide insight at the enterprise level to provide detailed analysis.
Current State, Future State and Gap Analysis: Independently assess and document current state across multiple processes, business areas and domains while recommending and mentoring other Business Analysts. Ability to think strategically in understanding business drivers to define "target state" solutions.
Gather Requirements: Responsible for documenting, reviewing and validating requirements collected within the team and communicating the requirements into experiences.
Author User Stories and/or Features: Translate requirement features to technical details to build and validate use cases and user stories around a product and communicate them effectively through definition of done.
Test Plan Reviews: Support solution delivery by coordinating and facilitating the business test planning and test execution by authoring, participating in, and ensuring business sign-off of testing processes for medium and large efforts.
Leadership: Works independently and may coordinate work for others and/or provide mentorship. May provide business direction, guidance, and decisions to development and delivery teams.
Project Management: Shown success and ability to use advanced project management skills to lead, complete and advance work.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4-5 Years Prior Experience demonstrating business analysis.
- Knowledge and skillset to position themselves as the communications specialist and go to resource for key information and decisions making.
- Domain expertise via previous internships or similar roles in the past.
- Certifications showing strength in role specific proficiencies.
- Strong familiarity of agile & scrum development environments.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new point of view on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
Skills-Proficiency Level Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 4-5 years of prior experience demonstrating business analysis
- Knowledge and skill set to position themselves as the communications expert and go to resource for key information and decisions making
- Deep familiarity of agile & scrum development environments
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Domain expertise via previous internships or similar roles in the past preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups