At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
Are you looking for a role with huge organizational impact? We at Northwestern Mutual are seeking a hardworking and experienced Senior Business Analyst to support the delivery of Illustrations by working with backend applications that integrate or exchange data with the Illustrations application. Illustrations are key, every new and existing customer sees them before deciding on a Northwestern Mutual product.
This individual will work on our cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, test engineers, and business analysts using Agile methodology to deliver on outcomes.
What does this entail?
- Perform current state, future state and gap analysis. Independently assess and document current state across multiple processes, business areas and domains while consulting and mentoring other Business Analysts. Ability to think strategically in understanding business drivers to define "target state" solutions.
- Responsible for leading requirement gathering for larger efforts and across multiple business domains or from other business analysts.
- Write user stories and/or features independently with complexity and sometimes across teams. Act as a subject matter expert throughout the development process as the need arises.
- Support solution delivery by coordinating and facilitating the business test planning and test execution by authoring, participating in, and ensuring business approval of testing processes.
- Works independently and may coordinate work for others and provide mentorship, business direction, and decisions to development and delivery teams.
- Proven success and ability to use sophisticated project management skills to lead, complete and advance work.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Experience working with external integrations vendors or internal integrations partners
- 5-7 years of experience with business / industry knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Familiarity with an Agile development environment
- Ability to tackle problems in complex situations; analyze possible solutions using technical experience and judgment
- Self-directed and detailed, with creative brainstorming skills
- Ability to use project management principles to successfully complete and advance work
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups