At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Will consider remote for specific locations-Charlotte, NC; Atlanta, GA; or Dallas, TX
Onsite/Hybrid in Franklin
Do you love solving complex business problems with digital/technical solutions? As a Senior Business Analyst in Digital Product – Loan & Surrender, you will work on a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers and subject matter experts in an agile methodology to advance our policy loan, surrender and reinstatement servicing capabilities for our clients, field and home office. You will dive deep and lead definition of business requirements for strategic and transformational efforts impacting these servicing capabilities to deliver critical business outcomes. A foundation of business and technical fundamentals should be complemented by soft-skills in building relationships, effectively eliciting and documenting requirements, critical problem-solving skills, and working toward shared goals.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Business Expertise : Provide deep expertise in at least one business area or domain with a broad understanding of business and domains surrounding the main focus. Articulate this knowledge as an expert at the department level.
- Current State, Future State and Gap Analysis: Independently assess and document current state across multiple processes, business areas and domains. Think strategically in understanding business drivers to define "target state" solutions.
- Gather Requirements: Lead requirement gathering for larger efforts and across multiple business domains.
- Author User Stories and/or Features: Author user stories and/or features independently with medium to high complexity and sometimes across multiple teams. Act as a subject matter expert throughout the development process as needs arise.
- Test Plan Reviews: Support solution delivery by coordinating and facilitating the business test planning and test execution by authoring, participating in, and ensuring business sign-off of testing processes.
- Project Management : Use project management principles to successfully complete and advance work.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong preference for policy loan and/or surrender background
- 4-5 Years Prior Experience demonstrating business analysis
- Ability to work as a part of a team and build collaborative relationships. Ability to pull a mix of people and skill-sets together for a common purpose and goal.
- Accountability for high quality, value-driven work; place the user in the center of decision making, embrace continuous learning, curious and voice opinions, and take personal accountability.
- Ability to lean on strong communication skills to influence outcomes while approaching conflict with organizational savviness.
- Solves sophisticated problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Embrace and deal with ambiguity with strong analytical and communication skills. Know how to use data to make good decisions when confronted by ambiguity. Ability to track down answers when they are not known upfront.
- Deep familiarity of agile & scrum development environments.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups