At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's The Role?
This Sr. Benefits Specialist will analyze benefit utilization data and trends and identifying opportunities for improvement.
How You'll Do It:
- Be a liaison to third party vendor including crafting and maintaining vendor performance criteria and tracking tools to monitor employee engagement and efficiency of each benefit program.
- Identify areas for improvement in program delivery, vendor performance and vendor integration opportunities
- Provide vendor partnership updates to team (including leadership) and works collaboratively to suggest and implement agreed improvements.
- Participates in the identification and vetting of new vendor partners, including project management activities
- Work collaboratively to investigate and coordinate resolution of eligibility and other data issues with the vendor partners
- Actively research new vendor opportunities, identify trends in employee benefits and provide recommendations to support overall Total Rewards team goals and objectives
- Identify participant communication and educational needs on benefit plans and programs; partners with the communication team to develop benefit communications; assists with educating extended teams on new programs and/or changes to existing programs
- Partner with Employee Resource Groups to bring relevant benefit and well-being content to their respective members
- Assist in preparing communications and educating extended teams on new programs and/or changes to existing programs.
- Act as project manager for benefit projects.
- Support the HR Shared Operations team as a generalist by independently collaborating on specific Human Resources programs, including, but not limited to the following areas of focus: employee benefits, compensation, learning and development, wellness and more.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree or professional designation
- Three years of work experience in human resources, preferably in the area of benefits, or a combination of benefits experience and project management experience.
- Experience must include participation in large-scale projects and independent leadership of smaller projects and process improvement efforts.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate optimally at multiple levels
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities and the flexibility to prioritize needed
- Basic knowledge of regulations that impact benefits to be able to collaborate with cross functional departments on issues regarding benefit plans
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and experience developing communication pieces for external audiences
- Digital literacy including PowerPoint and Excel
- Comfortable with developing reporting and working with and understanding program performance metrics
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in C alifornia, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
Please note: Any wages or wage ranges listed directly on a specific job requisition or posting will supersede corresponding wage ranges listed within Pay Transparency Guide linked above.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups