At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Assess, gather, and prepare multiple types of data from a diverse array of sources, primarily AWS, as well as proprietary internal data to combine and facilitate creation and management of dashboards and reports for all levels of the organization. Ensure data quality, accuracy, consistency, reliability, and completeness providing potential solutions, trends, statistical outcomes and decisions impacting operations, programs, planning, and modeling.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Determine data needs. Access and extract data from diverse sources residing on multiple platforms and create data models by combining and structuring data.
- Conduct data analysis and capture, develop, and document data definitions, business rules, and data quality requirements. Collect, analyze, and validate data prior to it being used or stored.
- Utilize working knowledge and analytical tools to perform quantitative analysis. Interpret data, analyze results, and provide insights to address business questions, potential solutions, and highlight interesting findings.
- Ensure data integrity, consistency, and reliability by performing data quality audits and analysis. Identify areas of improvement in data collection processes or systems.
- Solve complex problems; take a new perspective on existing solutions, exercise judgement based on the analysis of multiple data sources to improve data driven decisions for assigned business areas
- Create and maintain reports, datasets, ad hoc requests, dashboards, metrics, data generators, etc. for end-users of system tools, database or data warehouse queries and scripts
- Proactively learn emerging platforms and related technology
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Ability to solve complex technical issues and enable/teach peers to be self sufficient
- Establish and share best practices
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 4+ years’ experience with data in the cloud such as AWS Redshift, Aurora, Glue, and Lambda and OS/hosting platform (i.e. Linux, Windows, AWS, Kube)
- 2+ years’ experience CI/CD, Infra automation/coding and integration of n-tier applications (i.e. DNS, HTTP, SSL, Encryption, Authentication)
- Experience in data analysis, reporting or application development
- Experience with Data Modeling
- Experience with Grafana, PowerBI and/or other reporting toolsets
- Ability to deliver results and recommendations in written, verbal and presentation form for technical audiences
- Strong aptitude and desire for learning new platforms, development, analytic and presentation tools
- Initiative to independently design, develop, and troubleshoot own deliverables while still being a team player
- Skilled in research, quantitative analysis, and analytical working techniques
- Ability to manage and prioritize concurrent assignments and handle ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, or related field or equivalent experience
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups