At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What’s the role?
The role is responsible for ensuring complete and accurate reporting and financial management of Northwestern Mutual’s complex and highly regulated investment products & services subsidiaries. You will work within a cross-functional team of professionals to deliver on outcomes.
This position is responsible for independently analyzing and reporting financial results for Northwestern Mutual’s growing broker-dealer and wealth management subsidiaries. This includes coordinating the reporting process and ensuring the quality control of the reporting product on a GAAP basis and maintaining the control environment surrounding the entities. This role assists in the monitoring and analyzing the application of current and emerging GAAP accounting standards in relation to the Northwestern Mutual subsidiaries and maintains in-depth technical expertise with respect to current and emerging accounting and reporting issues and use this technical expertise to make recommendations and articulate best practices.
This highly visible position may have interactions with executive officers and financial management and independently provides expertise company-wide for financial reporting, financial analysis, and accounting practices for the entities.
- Producing high-quality audited financial statements and coordinating with external auditors to facilitate the completion of the annual examinations
- Preparation of external financial reports including audited financial statements and regulatory reporting to various regulators including FINRA, SEC and OCC.
- Preparation of internal reporting including the preparation of financial reports and analysis for the Board of Directors, senior leaders and other committees, with a high standard for accuracy and consistency of information presented and relevant commentary
- Collaborates with subject matter experts, and project teams to assist with system improvements and efficiencies. Additionally, this role contributes to strategic initiatives of the enterprise and product line.
- Facilitate and assist with the internal or external auditors in their examination of annual financial statements and provide support for requested information.
- Prepares responses and supporting information for regulatory examination requests
Bring your best! What the role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration with Accounting emphasis required.
- Required to obtain Series 27 license.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant insurance accounting/auditing experience.
- Strong written communication and organizational skills.
- Self-starter accounting professional. Collaborative relationship builder.
- Proficient spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation application skills.
- CPA and public accounting experience preferred
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups