At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
First shift: 6am-2:30pm Tue-Sat
What's the role?
As a Security Operator for Northwestern Mutual, your mission is to create an environment that inspires others to achieve theirs by blending a thorough knowledge of security processes and technology with company values to take appropriate actions that promote and maintain safety and security for people and facilities. You will staff posts in our enterprise security operations centers, patrol our campuses in Milwaukee and Franklin, and provide security at Company special events.
In our security operations centers you will monitor and dispatch alarms received from integrated security technology (access control, CCTV, intercoms and fire alarms) and building automation systems. You will also coordinate response to emergency incidents using security technology and two-way radios, handle incoming/outgoing telephonic and electronic communication, process ID cards, and document activities using a variety of methods.
When patrolling you will use an engagement model of behavior and make proactive observations of potential risks to ensure a safe and secure campus experience for our workforce and visitors. You will also serve as a first responder to emergency incidents.
**This is a1st shift position
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- High School Graduate or GED required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a corporate or professional environment that includes performance under demanding conditions
- Excellent customer service in a professional environment
- Experience using video management and access control systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- Able to work weekends and some holidays as part of the work schedule.
- THIS JOB IS PART OF A GROUP OF JOBS CONSIDERED ESSENTIAL SERVICES. ALL ESSENTIAL SERVICES EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO MAKE EVERY REASONABLE EFFORT POSSIBLE TO REPORT FOR WORK; EVEN DURING INCLEMENT WEATHER CONDITIONS.
Lift with assist barricades 10-30#, infrequent
Lift/carry CO2 extinguishers 20# for 500 feet, infrequent
Lift/carry traffic cones 3-8#, infrequent
Lift/carry ERT bags 15#, infrequent
Lift/carry with assist a person during Emergency Response activities up to 250#, rare
Walk up to 7 hours per shift when on patrol
Climb up to 500 steps per shift when on patrol
May require use of feet to operate a vehicle
- Up to 80 lbs -Infrequently/Occasionally
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups