At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Internship candidates can expect a full-time onsite internship program, running from June 1, 2022, to August 12, 2022.
Carefully selected from universities across the country, our interns bring distinctive ideas and perspectives to our organization. Our employees are passionate about building our emerging talent and future leaders. After application and initial screening conversation, interns are aligned interview and be hired to a specific team at NM based on their skillsets and interests, providing exposure to real-world business perspectives through hands-on learning and meaningful work. In addition to their day-to-day tasks, interns participate in professional development workshops, senior leadership Q&As, volunteer initiatives, networking/social events, and more!
Campus & Event Experiences (CEE) Security and Risk Management Intern
As a CEE Security and Risk Management Intern, you will work alongside your hiring manager, mentor, and team to complete tasks critical for Northwestern Mutual's success. We are here to help you both identify and continue to develop your future career goals and passions.
The CEE Risk Management organization is responsible for Northwestern Mutual’s enterprise physical security and business continuity programs. We help to ensure a safe and secure environment and that we are prepared to respond to an incident and minimize its impact. We are trusted advisors in assisting the enterprise in making risk-aware business decisions to mitigate security, physical safety, and business continuity risks. Job responsibilities include:
- Assist in day-to-day operations of physical security and business continuity teams using pertinent tools and technology
- Assist in the capturing and reporting of risk metrics
- Assist in the development and implementation of business process improvement initiatives
- Document risk management procedures
- Refine risk management resources for the workforce
Bring Your Best! What this role needs. Minimum qualifications
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Safety, Criminal Justice, Building/Facility Management, Risk Management or related field from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Previous work or classroom experience in one or more of the following: Security, Building Operations, Physical Safety, Risk Management
- Employer immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
Preferred skills and proficiencies
- Previous Physical Security and Risk Management internship and/or relevant project experience
- Intermediate level proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability
- High degree of self-motivation, passion, and a drive to learn
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
We encourage you to apply! Once your application is reviewed, if selected to move forward, one of the University Relations team members will reach out for a call, where we will learn more about you and share internship opportunities aligning to your interests and skillsets and share any next steps of our recruiting process.
Who we are
Northwestern Mutual has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for over 160 years through a distinctive planning approach that integrates risk management with wealth accumulation, preservation, and distribution. With more than $290 billion in assets, $30 billion in revenues and more than $1.9 trillion worth of life insurance protection in force, Northwestern Mutual delivers financial security to more than 4.6 million clients. People are the power behind Northwestern Mutual, and diversity makes us better. We are committed to reflecting and serving the marketplace. We do so by attracting and improving the engagement of those who bring their outstanding perspectives, ideas, and beliefs. At Northwestern Mutual, people matter. And you’ll be working for a company that’s consistently voted among the “most admired” in the nation. We invite you to explore your career interests with us.
Build a strong career foundation with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups