At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative, and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
Within the Market Conduct team in Enterprise Compliance, this role resolves complex and sensitive complaints from clients and various regulatory entities regarding the sale or servicing of all insurance and securities products. Investigates sales practice matters acting as an expert compliance resource for the division, department, Enterprise, and field. Provides leadership within the division and guidance to the field force to promote the Company’s best business practices.
How you will do it:
· Determines resolutions in response to sales practices complaints filed against the field force involving complex and sensitive issues. Complaints involve all products and services provided by Northwestern Mutual (NM). May require extensive research and consultation with the law department and other Home Office experts. Corresponds and interacts with clients and the field, to ensure timely resolution of complaints in an efficient, cost-effective, and cooperative manner thereby preserving the reputation of NM. File Error and Omissions and bond claims following resolution when appropriate to minimize NM's cost of resolution.
· Conducts comprehensive investigations of field sales practices, including suspected fraud, violations of company policy, and FINRA and State Insurance Department laws and regulations. Investigations may include field audits and interviews with field representatives and field staff. Conducts research of state laws, regulatory rules, and company policies and procedures, which may include consultation with lawyers and other Home Office Experts in order to determine appropriateness of field activity. Determines appropriate course of disciplinary action, which may include issuing disciplinary letters, recommending fines or the implementation of enhanced supervision, presenting the rep to the Market Conduct Committee for disciplinary action and/or recommending contract termination.
· Ensures that all incidents (complaints, terminations, etc.) are reported to the Regulatory Reporting Team responsible for reporting or to the appropriate reporting regulatory agencies in the accurate manner within the time frame dictated by regulation. Responds to state insurance department inquiries that are received when a representative is terminated for cause, as a result of a sales practices complaint or investigation.
· Serves as an expert compliance resource to others in the Field and the Home Office in order to ensure standard methodologies. This may involve extensive research of Company policy and/or regulatory rules and educating the Field and Home Office on the benefits of using best business practices.
· Assists in the development of Sales Practices Specialists and Senior Specialists through training, consultation, case referrals and providing specific performance feedback directly to the Specialist and to the division manager.
· Provides leadership within the division by participating in and leading project teams to enhance controls and develop process improvements within the division, department and/or company. Leads group meetings including experts in various departments to come to consensus or resolution regarding customer complaints or actions taken regarding the field.
· Assists the Law Department in Market Conduct related litigation, including being deposed, providing court testimony, and participating in mediations.
Bring your Best! What this role needs:
· Bachelor's Degree Preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, or Pre-Law preferred.
· FINRA SIE, Series 7 & 24 required or can be obtained within 6 months
· Minimum of 6 years of proven experience. Experience in the financial services, Insurance, or Investment industry preferred.
· Proven track record to diffuse difficult clients, resolve conflict, and handle difficult conversations. Ability to understand and interact with all types of clients, field, and home office partners. Works with and educates senior management, clients, regulators, and vendors to influence decisions.
· Strong ability to negotiate reasonable resolutions both verbally and in writing on complex non-standard compliance issues and conflicts, in which no prior precedent may have been set, with policy-owners, their representatives, field, home office, and regulators.
· Knowledge of insurance and investment products and operations.
· Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
· Case-related travel is required on occasion.
Great pay package, 401K, company sponsored retirement plan, educational assistance, performance-based incentive pay, medical, dental and vision insurance, parental leave, caregiver time off….and more!
This position has been classified as a Registered Representative under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting.
Required Certifications:Series 24 - FINRA, Series 7 - FINRA, SIE - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups