At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves.
We are seeking a Sales Effectiveness Consultant to drive Co-creation with the field offices to design and activate scalable best practices advisors can leverage to maximize sales effectiveness while delivering a digital client experience. Help execute the Company’s multi-year strategy for expanding our distribution capacity and capabilities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with partners to develop and activate sales enablement content in alignment with strategic outcomes for the multi-year strategy effort related to Sales Effectiveness.
- Working with subject-matter experts to identify and synthesize potential best practices used throughout the financial planning process and across the sales cycle.
- Supporting the process for obtaining field feedback regarding the relative effectiveness of potential best practices.
- Helping secure field leadership buy-in for strategies activated via sales enablement content, training, and promotion.
- Ensuring field-facing deliverables align with the intended field experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, marketing or related experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years working with Northwestern Mutual’s exclusive distribution system or related experience.
- In-depth understanding of financial services products and services, including financial planning; familiarity with the sales cycle and Northwestern Mutual’s unique planning approach is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with the ability to build rapport and gain acceptance at all levels in the Home Office and field.
- Comfort with ambiguity and demonstrated ability to collaborate well in cross-functional team settings.
- Demonstrated NM behaviors: Deliver Exceptional Experience, Solve for the Client, Lead with Enterprise Vision, Challenge the Status Quo, and Play to Win.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups