At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual is seeking an experienced and agile Registered Nurse (RN) interested in joining a diverse, ambitious, and dynamic medical team advising the Company on a wide range of issues as the Company works to transform how clients experience financial security.
What's the role?
- Provide technical cardiovascular expertise and support to underwriters for Life insurance, Disability Income and Long-Term Care through thorough analysis of case referrals to include provider medical records, test results and course of treatment. Provide timely consultations with underwriters and identify when additional medical information is needed.
- Accurate and consistent interpretation, analysis, and MIB coding of EKG’s and related complicated cardiovascular medical histories.
- Under supervision, participation in the achievement of company mortality and morbidity goals through the research, development, writing, revision and application of less complex proprietary medical standards
- Clearly communicate the risk assessment, rationale, recommendation and reconsideration to the underwriters and technical underwriting consultants with ability to uphold decision
- Accurate screening and assessment of EKGs
- Effective medical education and training to Life, Disability Income and Long-Term Care new underwriters and provide continuing medical education classes on cardiovascular medicine to top-tier underwriters
Bring Your Best!
What this role needs:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in cardiovascular medicine with a bachelor’s degree as a registered nurse
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively with others at all experience levels
- Consistent critical decision-making skills and flexibility in all aspects of work
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to change as job duties change
- Willingness to participate in LOMA/ALU and/or other industry programs
- Knowledge of computer functions and experience in a “Windows” environment.
Desired personal attributes:
- Experience in genetics and or bioinformatics
- A minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience as a physician’s assistant (PA) or nurse practitioner (PA) and associated bachelor/master’s degree with special emphasis in cardiovascular medicine would be a plus but not mandatory
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups