At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Risk Management Senior Specialist in Finance and Risk. We support Controllers (GL/Tax/Financial Reporting), Corporate Audit & Anti-fraud, Sourcing & Procurement, and Financial Planning & Analytics. Our group of engineers are solving big data problems with cloud based solutions that mine data and combine it with modern analytic tools that are either created in-house or vendor based.
Your job is to partner with our engineers and business organizations to assist them with secure software development life cycle (SSDLC). This is focused on helping navigate through the multifaceted risk and cyber security assessment processes. You will be responsible for the prioritization and establishment of plans to address risk findings, generating threat models, mitigating security vulnerabilities and hands-on mentoring and treatment of risks in different stages of the development lifecycle. A major goal for the role is to identify opportunities for automation that will streamline the development process and improve overall productivity.
Our work style affords you the opportunity to be highly collaborative at times while still giving you plenty of time to disengage for some heads down, focused work. You will be part of the Risk Engineering Guild, a team that works to improve our SSDLC and shares improvement ideas. They will help you learn and navigate the processes and tools that Northwestern Mutual uses as well as support you in your career growth!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities are to enable developer productivity in support of business objectives by:
- Assisting development teams to apply secure automation patterns and encourage Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC) best practices
- Identifying opportunities for automation by calling out manual, repetitive tasks anywhere in the SSDLC process.
- Continuously improve and secure our application patterns and workflow by collecting and responding to feedback and key risk / vulnerability metrics.
- Find ways to help our developers achieve authorization to operate as part of our security engineering assessments
- Remediate security findings and find ways to prevent them from happening again
- Address vulnerabilities found by our security tools
- Utilizes working relationships across teams within their division
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis in MIS, Business or related field; or related work experience beyond the minimum required
- Three or more years of experience in information systems or systems audit with a demonstrated knowledge in technologies and processes
- Ability to assess and implement IT general controls desired
- Demonstrated flexibility to adjust to changing business needs by effectively managing and prioritizing concurrent assignments
- Demonstrated ability to independently identify and resolve critical issues through effective problem solving skills
- Strong ability to develop and leverage relationships;
- Ability to effectively influence and negotiate with internal and external partners
- Capable of communicating between product, engineering, and the business
- Ability to deliver informative, well-organized documentation and ability to effectively communicate in difficult and/or sensitive situations
*Eligible for Remote**
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups