At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We at Northwestern Mutual's Enterprise Information Risk and Cybersecurity Department are looking for a Risk Management professional to join us in a full time employee capacity!
As Risk Management Consultant, you establish and optimize risks and controls, accountable for consulting/advising on large, sophisticated and, often, ambiguous issues related to information security. As a SME for the information risk management program, you will: build information protection policies/standards; craft/evaluate processes/controls to enable compliance with information protection policies; evaluate and approve deviations to information protection policies; promote information protection awareness through training activities; evaluate and make decisions on noncompliance issues; lead, coach, and mentor NML staff on the information risk management program, including specific processes intended to ensure consistency and quality. Further, you will develop action plans to support department/corporate strategy. Above all, you demand excellence of yourself; you handle tasks with the highest possible degree of accuracy and discretion.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for crafting and evaluating processes and controls to comply to information protection policies and standards.
- Responsible for counselling and advising on major, sophisticated and ambiguous efforts on the appropriate information protection controls to align with IT security standards/policies.
- Accountable for providing domain expertise for the IRM program which may include: creation of information protection policies/standards, information protection awareness and training program, evaluating noncompliance issues and appropriate investment decisions.
- Accountable for assessing, evaluating and approving deviations to information protection standards and policies to balance risk and controls.
- Accountable for leading, coaching, and mentoring staff members on aspects of the information risk management program and specific processes to ensure consistency, quality and efficiency of work.
- Accountable for investigating sophisticated and sometimes unclear information security incidents to minimize impact to the enterprise.
- Accountable for developing plans of action to support departmental and corporate strategy.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in MIS, Business or related field; or related work experience beyond the minimum required
- Proven experience in information systems or systems audit with a demonstrated knowledge in technologies and processes
- Consistent record of designing and implementing IT general controls
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor other staff members
- Ability to independently identify and resolve critical and difficult issues through effective problem solving skills
- Strong ability to maintain and strengthen relationships; ability to effectively influence and broker with internal and external partners
- Confirmed interpersonal and organizational savvy with demonstrated tact and diplomacy
- Validated ability in bringing clarity to ambiguous issues
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program, and more!
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups