At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Performs all chief of staff functions for the IAM division, providing advice, perspective and consultation to the Vice President - IAM and all IAM leadership. Provides leadership and direction through directors and managers and is accountable for the performance and results of related disciplines. Engages IAM leadership in setting strategic direction for IAM to support the IT and NM Strategy. Assumes accountability for all “IAM as business client” functions and coordinates accountabilities within IT. Engages staff, leadership and business partners in organizational change to mature and sustain information risk for the enterprise.
Accountable for being a key project member who designs and implements IT controls at Northwestern Mutual. Accountable for improving the foundation of existing controls and evolving them using your strong understanding of risk management in technology.
- Accountable for designing and evaluating processes and controls in order to comply to information protection policies and standards.
- Accountable for consulting and advising on large, complex and ambiguous efforts on the appropriate information protection controls in order to comply with information protection policies and standards.
- Accountable for providing subject matter expertise for the information risk management program which may include: creation of information protection policies and standards, information protection awareness and training program, evaluating noncompliance issues and appropriate investment decisions.
- Accountable for assessing, evaluating and approving deviations to information protection policies and standards in order to balance risk and controls.
- Accountable for leading, coaching, and mentoring other staff members on aspects of the information risk management program and specific processes in order to ensure consistency, quality and productivity of deliverables.
- Accountable for investigating complex and ambiguous information security incidents in order to minimize impact to the enterprise.
- Accountable for developing action plans in order to support departmental and corporate strategy.
Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in MIS, Business or related field; or related work experience beyond the minimum required
Five or more years of experience in information systems or systems audit with a demonstrated knowledge in technologies and processes
Proven ability to design and implement IT general controls
Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and mentor other staff members
Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve critical issues through effective problem solving skills.
Resourcefulness and a knack for navigating challenges independently, with the ability to manage conflict and difficult partners, strong prioritization skills, excellent customer-service orientation
A need to get things done, a proven drive, ownership, and accountability; organization and project management skills
Proven ability in dealing with ambiguity
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Career growth, coaching and mentoring
- Highly competitive salary
- Outstanding Benefits- PTO, bonuses, medical, dental, vision, 401k, and pension plans
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups