At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We prioritize the user and customer experience. We use data to guide and inform our business decisions while remaining open to experimentation and iteration. Unsatisfied with what is, we are continuously questioning if something could be better, capitalizing on diverse and entrepreneurial thought processes. We believe in fostering a positive working environment of empowerment and engagement while coaching and mentoring new leaders within the organization.
Ability to influence others with the story of what you're seeing in the data to make business recommendations strong time and project management skills, with the ability to manage detail work and communicate project status
effectively at all levels
- Applies and integrates statistical, mathematical, data mining, predictive modeling and business analysis skills and techniques to discover and identify new insights, advise on turning new insights into meaningful opportunities and outcomes, and provide the tracking and measurement of results
- Develop prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, machine learning techniques, and robust analytics to support analytic insights and visualization of sophisticated data sets for productization and monetization
- Drive innovation by exploring new experimentation methods and statistical techniques that could sharpen or speed up our product decision-making processes
- Develop and deploy testing hypotheses and analyze test results, providing the vital analytical difficulty to ensure data quality, consistency, repeatability, and accuracy of insights
- Experience with distributed databases and query languages like Hive, Spark, Scala, or Pig Programming experience with a scripting language such as Python, Perl, Java, or Ruby Proficiency with a statistical analysis tool such as R or SAS
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Econometrics or related field a plus
- Statistical knowledge and intuition-ideally utilized in A/B testing
- Machine learning experience is a plus
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups