At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
• Directs the work of the team to ensure resources are fully allocated
• Develops team members through challenging assignments and training
• Builds effective teams that can independently function and resolve issues
• Serves as an escalation point for non-standard team issues
• Develops and manages metrics to measure productivity and quality
• Manages performance management processes for team
• Identify and lead both system and process oriented improvements
• Drives team to identify and research process improvements
• Sets and implements division/departmental policies and procedures as they apply to team
2) Project Work
• Serves as a lead SME on cross-departmental and other projects
• Serves as a mentor to other project team members
• Sets direction in the development and review of requirements, testing, implementation, and training
• Independently owns and takes a lead role on projects in order to assure a timely and accurate implementation
3) System Support
• Independently identifies, researches, and helps solution complex system related problems to ensure accuracy of the compensation systems
• Provides direction to IS in the development, testing and implementation of solutions
• Negotiates workarounds with IS for issues requiring long term resolution
• Independently owns and resolves system issues in a timely and accurate implementation
4) Escalation and Issue Resolution
• Handles difficult customer situations with skillful negotiation and offers workable alternatives
• Initiates and facilitates intra- and inter-departmental discussions to resolve business issues
• Researches and documents issue resolution and develops and evaluates options
• Researches and communicates results of complex exception requests
• Independently works with Enterprise Risk Assurance to gather requested information, identify errors, improve audit documentation, and follow-through on resolution of identified issues
• Bachelor’s degree in business, MIS, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible management-level experience emphasizing analytical and decision-making skills, team building, communication and personnel development.
• Experience leading a team, managing performance and production.
• Demonstrated experience emphasizing the ability to mentor, train and coach others required.
• Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service and ongoing improvement.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Demonstrated organizational and independent decision-making skills.
• Strong ability to independently set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated experience with process improvement, system enhancements or other types of projects required.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to train mentor and motivate staff while building a collaborative team environment.
• Prior formal manager experience.
• Large project experience
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups